Your career starts here
Aircraft Mechanic Resume Sample
An Aircraft Mechanic is someone who is responsible for the maintenance of aircraft, installation of new parts and safety inspections. You can find an Aircraft Mechanic working in airports, aircraft building firms and airport hangers. While doing inspections they will check mechanical systems to make sure that the chance of a malfunction is reduced.
Most employers require that you have a FAA Certification and a High School Diploma - or greater - to apply for a position. Make sure these qualifications are clearly highlighted, as well as any other industry relevant certifications. To do this you can review our resume writing resources guide for more information.
Click the following Aircraft Mechanic resume sample to open it on a clean page for easy printing.
Below is the same resume in text format.
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC RESUME TEMPLATE
Kristin R. Magee
724 Lodge Road, Golden Valley, MN 55427
A Senior Aircraft Mechanic with over 10 years of experience in equipment maintenance, operation monitoring and, problem solving. Possesses a High School Diploma and a FAA Certification.
U.S. AIRLINES Golden Valley, MN
Senior Aircraft Mechanic June 2002 – Present
- Checked and maintained fuselage, control cables, rotaries, gauges, engines and, landing gear.
- Logged all new installed parts, malfunctions, maintenance and, safety checks by FAA guidelines.
- Started, operated engines to detect malfunctions; also make adjustments while running the engine.
- Used testing equipment to test gauges, engines, fuselage and, rotaries by FAA standards.
- Fabricated and repaired sheet metal parts for airframes on all commercial planes.
DELTA Golden Valley, MN
Aircraft Mechanic September 1996 – June 2002
- Checked and monitored all mechanical systems and any malfunctioning parts.
- Serviced, maintained and, installed parts on single and multi-engine aircrafts.
- Ran safety check on rotaries, engines, gauges, landing gear, control cables and, fuselage.
- Consulted manufacturers' manuals and airline's maintenance manual for specifications and to determine feasibility of repair or replacement according to malfunction.
MINNESOTA AVIATION SCHOOL Golden Valley, MN
FAA Certification, June 1996
- Has maintained certification
- Graduated in the top 5 percentile
GOLDEN V HIGH SCHOOL Golden Valley, MN
High School Diploma, June 1995
- Graduated with Honors
- Captain of 4 intramural teams
- Equipment Maintenance
- Operation Monitoring
- Problem Solving
Once you've constructed your new resume you'll need to start preparing for interviews. Read this article to learn about awkward, unusual and strange interview questions you need to be prepared for!