Your career starts here
Business Consultant Resume Sample
What does a business consultant do?
If a business is in need of help, who are they going to call? Business Consultants! They come in all shapes and sizes with a wide variety of knowledge from marketing to computer infrastructure but their aim is simple, to make a company more profitable in the long run. It is paramount that your resume reflects not just your scope of ability, but highlights your achievements, preferably with the inclusion of statistical data! Our resume expert Mark explains how and why you should quantify your resume.
Consider your ability to lead a project in a timely manner, deal with a wide variety of people and you previous achievements when working on successful projects. If you're not sure if this format is right for you based on your work history then perhaps a functional resume format may be better - learn about the 3 types of resumes you can use.
Business Consultant Resume
What did he write that was so good?
- The career objective stands out. John states the amount of experience and the type of degree held which is key to any business consultant role.
- The professional experience is well written. Responsibilities such as interviewing, assisting processes and coaching are all important. We recommend John to show some achievements such as customers gained, revenue increased or the size of the clients.
- We like John's "Further Development" section that really shows he takes his profession seriously. The CPE is an industry standard that sets professionals apart.
BUSINESS CONSULTANT RESUME TEMPLATE
6142 Foggy Concession
Ah Fong Village, Alabama, 36215-7682
Business Consultant with over 10 years of experience with a Big 4 consulting firm, client facing support services and customer relationship management. Possesses a Summa Cum Laude B.A. in Global Communications.
DOT ENTERPRISE Boston, MA
Business Consultant September 1998 – Present
- Assist the development of key partner support processes, tools, and systems for the partner community
- Participate in the implementation, testing, and execution of system application changes.
- Provide ongoing coaching and support of partners post-enablement
TWINKLE TWINKLE Boston, MA
Junior Business Consultant September 1998 – Present
- Support overall account management, growth, and leadership of cross-functional teams to develop approaches and targets that meet the business goals of our partners
- Manage the enablement process for select channel partners
- Define business system requirements and participate in the evaluation of new applications and the identification of systems requirements for planning purposes
COWELL UNIVERSITY Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Arts in Global Communications, June 1995
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude
- Editor of “CU See Me” Magazine
- Fundraised $567 for CU Himalaya Trek, 1994
- All Microsoft Packages (7 years)
- Trilingual Turkish, French and English
- Continuing Professional Education (CPE) – Association of Professional Consultants
Once you've created your resume you need to start distributing it. Two main concerns you may face are: which is best, Word or PDF? Of equal importance, which paper should I print it on? Remember, attention to detail is vitally important in such a competitive job market, have a read and good luck with your job search!