Your career starts here
Cashier Resume Sample
This is a resume example for a cashier. This particular candidate has worked in several different establishments and has experience in maintaining customer standards and cash register processes. This will be a difficult resume to write if you have absolutely zero experience in cashiering, however if you have even just a little bit of experience you will be able to make a basic resume that should be enough to land the interview.
He is also experienced in working with the store advertisements and therefore increasing sales.
Cashier Resume Template
927 East 6th Avenue, Helena, MT 59620
Head Cashier with over 10 years of experience in providing excellent consumer service, handling daily accounts and maintaining inventory. Possesses a Bachelor’s degree in Arts.
BEST BUY Helena, MT
Cashier September 2008 – Present
- Expertise in business administration, record keeping, planning, policies, procedures, researching, scheduling, and related responsibilities to ensure productive operations
- Open and close the registers, assisting in the training of new cashiers, monitoring cash limits and ensuring quality customer service at all times
- Operate POS cash register, and count money in cash drawers to make sure the correction of amount.
- Develop reputation for prompt, efficient service with high level of accuracy, receiving top rates during all 3 years in the store
- Handle high volume sales of $200,000 successfully
- Responsible for solving customer's complaints and providing information regarding products
BARNES & NOBLE Helena, MT
Cashier February 2004 – September 2008
- Cash handling, customer service, balance drawer and place orders for inventory
- Maintain thorough knowledge of store merchandise
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales
- Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records
- Used computerized systems that involve distributing and accounting for funds
WAL-MART Helena, MT
Cashier December 2001 – February 2004
- Solve billing problems and handled customer inquiries
- Responsible for balanced cash draw at close of shift
- Responsible for back up inventory ordering and shelf stocking
CARROLL COLLEGE Helena, MT
Bachelor’s degree in Arts, June 2001
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Internet, Oracle, SAP and data entry