Your career starts here
CDL Driver Resume Sample
On this page, we have a resume sample of a CDL Driver and an explanation of its content. Click the image to open it on a clean page for printing.
A CDL Driver drives commercial vehicles across country, transporting goods or misc. items from one location to another. They keep track of metrics such as mileage and time spent on the road, and must follow all driving laws for each state they travel through.
A CDL Driver can also operate booms, cranes and hoists, when loading & unloading cargo. In order to be a CDL Driver, you will have to have a clean driving record and go through CDL program to earn a special license, check out our license section here. The salary can vary for a CDL Driver, depending on how many hours they work.
The resume sample on this page is successful for the following reasons:
- The career objective mentions that she has 10 years of experience
- The job descriptions are fairly clear, well written, and grammatically correct.
However, this resume could be vastly improved by quantifying, and giving more detailed job descriptions. For instance, Sarah Descosta could have written:
- How much cargo she unloaded and loaded per day
- What kinds of servicing and maintenance skills she has in her additional skills section
- The number of miles she drove per day
- What kind of hazardous materials she dealt with
- How many people she trained and managed
CDL DRIVER RESUME TEMPLATE
Sarah C. Decosta
1067 White Avenue, Corpus Christi, TX 78476
A CDL Driver with over 10 years of experience in Federal and State Laws, loading and unloading cargo, and, maintaining vehicle. Possesses a High School Diploma and a Class A CDL License.
CRAZY TRUCKING Corpus Christi, TX
CDL Truck Driver August 1996 – Present
- Used hoists, cranes and, booms to unload and load all cargo on truck.
- Performed minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; referred major problems to the shop technicians.
- Operated truck in a safe and professional manner when traveling on public highways.
- Checked shipping papers to determine the nature of load and to check for the presence of hazardous materials.
- Reported all accidents and, incidents involving company equipment; kept track of damaged cargo.
CORPUS TRUCK STOP DINER Corpus, Christi, TX
Waitress July 1995 – August 1996
- Explained the specials of the day and took customers orders.
- Washed dishes, swept and mopped floors, wiped off tables, chairs and, counters.
- Stocked straw and napkin dispensers, stocked cups and silverware, filled salt, pepper and, ketchup bottles.
- Answered questions pertaining to menu items and cashed customers out.
- Trained waitresses and busboys the in and outs of daily operations and procedures.
DALLAS HIGH SCHOOL Dallas, TX
High School Diploma, June 1995
- Graduated with a 3.8 G.P.A
- Captain of the Cheerleading squad
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws.
- Physically fit with excellent hand to eye coordination.
- Clean driving record.
- Class A CDL License, Dallas TX, 1996-Present