Your career starts here
Certified Nursing Assistant Resume Sample
It’s a Friday night and they’re rolling through the doors like it's some red carpet event, literally a red carpet event, as the guests with wounds too indescribable to explain in a resume sample introduction, request your certified nursing assistance in the hospital.
The CNA resume sample reveals a candidate with some solid credentials and memberships to associations.
Highlight your certified nursing assistant experience by expanding on the details of the hospital/medical center. Try to include information about the size of the wards you worked on, and the size of the nursing team you worked with.
If you have recently qualified in nursing, and have little experience in a hospital environment, consider moving your certifications section up to the top of the resume below the career objective.
Although nursing jobs are set to grow in the future, it is still a highly competitive profession because there are so many people applying all the time. Here's how to make your resume stand out.
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT RESUME TEMPLATE
8637 Blue Fox Thicket, Sleeper, Oregon, 97836
Certified Nursing Assistant with over 5 years of experience assisting in a 500+ bed hospital with a team of 20+ doctors and 50+ nurses Possesses a CNA and BSN
TRENCH HOSPITAL Boston, MA
Nursing Assistant September 1998 – Present
- Take and record blood pressure, pulse, respiration, temperature, weight and height for each patient; measures and records intake and output; and gives routine care to pre and postoperative and pre and postpartum patients
- Perform basic standardized procedures, such as applying hot & cold packs, dressings and bandages.
- Administer nursing care under direct supervision to assigned residents/ patients in order to achieve maximum level of independence
NICKELBACK HOSPITAL Boston, MA
Nursing Intern September 1998 – Present
- Basic nursing techniques/procedures, aseptic practices and cardio-pulmonary techniques
- Perform other patient comfort duties needed to maintain the flow of patient care within the system
- Provide direct personal patient observation, care, and assistance
- Maintain current medical records and order entry on all unit patients
COWELL UNIVERSITY Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, June 1995
- GPA 3.4/4.0
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- Northern Nurse Practitioner Association (NNPA)
- Massachusetts Certified Nursing Assistant
- American Heart Association recognized BLS - Heartsaver
Are you a broader assistant within the health sector?
The following is a sample resume for a health assistant. This person provides clinical and administrative support to various health professionals, like nurses and doctors. Their services are as varied as the various specializations of the professionals they support.
They must be able to work collaboratively as part of a team to achieve goals and maintain the standards of a healthcare provision team in order to enhance maximum patient satisfaction.
This resume example for a health assistant may therefore be adjusted for use by anyone applying for a position of healthcare assistant in any organization.
Additional improvements could be made to this resume however. There is a repetition of action verbs starting the bullet points (assist is used twice); always try to use different verbs at the start of each sentence.
It would also be useful to include some quantitative data - for example, the number of patients on the wards. This helps show the scope of your responsibility.
First, be sure that you understand the three main resume formats that applicants can use to organize their experience on their resumes. Read about them here.
HEALTH ASSISTANT RESUME TEMPLATE
3998 Blob Street, New York, NY 10023
Health Assistant with over 10 years of experience in providing excellent palliative care to patients and innovative assistance to health professionals. Possesses a compassionate empathy to a patient’s needs and vast medical knowledge to assist me in playing my role.
SINAI HOSPITAL New York, NY
Health Assistant September 2007 – Present
- Assist in patient cleaning, bathing, dressing, shopping, feeding, oral care, shaving and simple wound care.
- Assist and ensure the patients take their medications in the correct doses and at the appropriate times.
- Provide support to the pharmacy, medical records, rehab, case management, and denials departments.
- Administer patient rounds, notify doctors and nurses on various risk factors, and initiate appropriate safety measures.
- Develop and maintain various health promotional materials in the hospital for use by nurses, doctors and patients.
METROPOLITAN HOSPITAL Boston, MA
Trainee Medical Assistant August 2002 – August 2007
- Participated in programs for the management and control of various long-term and terminal medical conditions like cancer, AIDS, tuberculosis, asthma, and many others.
- Monitored patients’ conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, respirations and weight.
- Assisted patients with long term injuries in their various physiotherapy exercises to boost their quick recovery.
DUKE UNIVERSITY Chapel Hill, NC
Master of Arts in Healthcare Administration, June 2002
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Captain of campus cheerleaders
BAYLOR UNIVERSITY Dallas, TX
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, June 2000
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Captain of swimming team
- Articulate oral and verbal communication skill.
- Possess the qualities of a team leader, as well as a good team player.
- Vast knowledge in handling customer inquiries and complaints.
Well, now that you've got that covered, you should find out what kind of paper to print your resume on. Does it matter? Yes. Yes it does.