Your career starts here
Electrical Engineer & Electrical Designer Resumes
To work as an Electrical Engineer you need to study courses in math and science and major in the related field. After graduation, an Entry Level Electric Engineer can be working on anything from generators to communication systems. They usually are required to work alongside Electrical Engineers with a little more experience.
Click the thumbnail images below to expand their size.
We've also provided the text format of the electrical engineer resume template below.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER RESUME TEMPLATE
In the resume example blow, notice that the first bullet point indicates that Evelyn, the candidate, manages budgets of up to $300,000 dollars. Previously, she failed to state that number in her resume, and she was not receiving many interview requests. Once she included that information, she began receiving far more requests. Why is that? Simply put, hiring managers need to see numbers to get an idea of your level of skill and ability.
Therefore, wherever possible, quantify your resume.
Evelyn R. Lao
4052 Cambridge Road, Scottsdale, AZ 95256
An Electrical Engineer with over 10 years of experience in wiring, circuitry and, code compliance laws. Possesses a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
ZAPPER INDUSTRIES Scottsdale, AZ
Electrical Engineer October 2002 – Present
- Managed project budgets reaching $300,000, schedules, and obtained permits for operations.
- Performed highly specialized research, design and, analysis on each project, following code compliance laws.
- Wired components and ran circuitry; running extensive tests to make sure everything is working properly.
- Communicated with main office on each project; gave details about the components.
EX INDUSTRIES Scottsdale, AZ
Electrical Engineer Assistant August 1997 – October 2002
- Reviewed, directed, prepared and, approved contract documents and specifications, making modifications when needed.
- Monitored cost control and schedules and, investigated problems that would arise.
- Assisted electrical engineer with wiring components, circuitry and, misc. tasks.
- Coordinated projects with other departments, outside agencies, contractors and consultants.
- Researched and designed alternative ways to power components using 25% less power.
DALE UNIVERSITY Scottsdale, AZ
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, June 1997
- Graduated with Honors
- Made Dean’s List
- Knowledge of safety requirements and standard procedures
- Experience with code compliance laws
- Skilled in wiring and circuitry