Your career starts here
Financial Controller Resume Sample
On this page, we provide three finanical resume samples.
Click on any of the thumbnail images to expand their size for easier reading.
We have two of these resumes in text form below, with a brief explanation of their content.
Click the following navigation links to read the section you're interested in:
The financial candidate in the resume below directly supervised a financial team of 5 employees, in addition to auditing and consolidations amongst other tasks. Many finance candidates forget to include the number of people that they've trained or managed on their resumes, which makes their resume far less impactful. Carrie's additional skills section is also exemplary, as she's included all of the different kinds of software and computer skills necessary to do her job, as well as finance related skills like making reports.
Feel free to use this resume as a base, but be sure to change it to fit your own experience.
6127 Iron Arbor, Ogletown, New Mexico, 87335
Financial Controller with over 10 years of experience of commercial auditing, consolidations of financials and supervision of subordinates Possesses a BS in Finance and a CPA.
AMERICAN EAGLE CLAW Boston, MA
Financial Controller Supervisor September 1998 – Present
- Directly supervise staff of 5 employees accounting team regarding performance evaluations, merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions
- Work closely with the change management team to understand accounting policy and financial statement impacts of new initiatives and non-standard transactions
- Produce timely and accurate financial statements and weekly dashboards
EYE OF THE TIGER SERVICES Boston, MA
Financial Administrator September 1998 – Present
- Prepare or delegate preparation of all payroll entries in HRIS for approval and maintain payroll suspense account balance
- Perform investigation for problems reported by end users and provide root cause analysis and problem resolution
- Provide reconciliation, accounts payable and receivable, budget generation and negotiation, labor distribution and purchasing operations
- Assist the Financial Services department in creating timely and accurate financial statements
GAIT UNIVERSITY Chicago, IL
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), June 1999
COWELL UNIVERSITY Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science in Finance, June 1995
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- SAP experience strongly preferred (including BW/BEX)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Oracle or SAP experience
- Experience with financial reporting
- Knowledge of GAAP and financial markets
Reports, records, budgets, in the red, in the black, you are the accounting controller and have the task to oversee the day to day financial operations of a company. It may help if you have a CPA license but it is not always necessary, you should be numerical with exceptional organizational skills.
Take a look at this resume sample of an accounting controller and get a feel of how you should write your controller resume to land that finance position of your dreams.
620 Noble Ridge, Lipps, Connecticut, 06998
Accounting Controller with over 14 years of experience managing the direction of the finance department in addition to interpreting business periodicals Possesses a B.S in accounting and a CPA License
CIRCLE PUSHER Boston, MA
Accounting Controller September 1998 – Present
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Directly supervise an accounting staff of 5 employees including performance evaluations, merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions. Responsible for the selection and training of the assigned staff
- Oversee and coordinate with divisional managers the preparation of annual operating budgets and forecasts
- Prepare, present and interpret financial reports to management, directors and governmental agencies
- Develop and use tools needed for budgets, registration, sites, and financial reports
PLAISTOW MEOW Boston, MA
Bookkeeper September 1998 – Present
- Complete the cash and sales reports daily, as well as, the weekly recap
- Verify, allocate and post details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals
- Prepare and process invoices through Corporate General Ledger system
COWELL UNIVERSITY Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science in Accounting, June 1995
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Able to compose basic written business communications.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook. Bookkeeping, and Main Frame AS400 Computer data entry and retrieval experience
- Proficient in Enterprise version of QuickBooks software
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) License, 2006