Your career starts here
General Dentist Resume Samples
To work as a dentist, you have to love communicating with people and helping them maintain a perfect smile. There are numerous career paths to choose from.
On this page, we provide two dental resume samples. Click either of the thumbnails below to expand the size.
For the text versions of these resumes, and an explanation of their content, please click the blue links below to navigate.
Read over all of the sections of these resumes, particularly the professional experience sections. It's highly likely that you share many of the same duties as the candidates depicted in these resumes. However, you'll need to tailor the content of this resume to be relevant to your own experience.
In your resume, consider including:
- How many patients you see weekly
- How many people you've trained or manage
- The specialized skills you developed academically and/or professionally
- Licenses and certificates allowing you to practice dentistry in your location
Dentists have high salaries, and there is always opportunity for growth in this field. Education requirements can vary, depending on what position you want, and the location of your clinic. If you're concerned that dentist jobs are in short supply, fear not: Healthcare jobs will boom in the future.
5045 Shady Elk Link, Sempronius, Kansas, 67083
General Dentist with over 9 years of experience in general practice, restorative procedures and meeting office goals Possesses a DDS and DEA certification
EASY TO REACH SURGERY Boston, MA
Lead General Dentist September 1998 – Present
- Examine teeth, gums and related tissues using dental instruments, dental radiographs, and other diagnostic instruments
- Provide general dentistry procedures to include simple and complex restorations using approved restorative materials; examines, diagnoses, and treats periodontal structures and diseases
- Assist the Dental Director in clinical tasks and program development as requested
- Consult when appropriate and refer patients as necessary to dental specialists and/or medical providers
KISS AND TELL PRACTICE Boston, MA
Practicing Dentist September 1998 – Present
- Treat exposure of dental pulp from the pulp chamber and root canal
- Examine, diagnose, and provide treatment counseling to patients in a comprehensive manner
- Examine, diagnose, and provide fixed and partial prosthetic procedures as approved by the local credentials committee
- Provide medications and enter data in the local workload data reporting system
- Complete Dental Record documentation for all dental patients
COWELL DENTAL SCHOOL Chicago, IL
Doctor of Dental Surgery, June 1999
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Martyoshka scholarship
- ADA Accredited
COWELL UNIVERSITY Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science in Dentistry, June 1999
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude
- Ability to treat Molar Endo cases
- Microsoft Office (Advanced)
- Doctors of Dental Surgery (DDS), Illinois, 1999
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Certification, 1997
How'd that resume look? Think you can write a good enough one to land an interview? Here are a few tips for how to improve your performance in any interview.
Martin Y. Massa
3044 Hiney Road, Las Vegas, NV 89102
A Dental Laboratory Technician with over 10 years of experience in molding, dental replacements and, computers. Possesses an Associates in Medical Laboratory Technology.
VEGA DENTAL Las Vegas, NV
Dental Laboratory Technician June 1997 – Present
- Ensured compliance with both federal and state rules and regulations regarding disease prevention and infection control.
- Constructed molds of patient’s teeth for dentures and other dental appliances that were needed.
- Polished all metal for dental appliances and fixed bridges; inspecting for flaws within the work.
MILL DENTISTRY Las Vegas, NV
Dental Laboratory Technician August 1995 – June 1997
- Created crowns, dentures and, orthopedic appliances using polishing equipment, carvers, furnaces and, Bunsen burners.
- Used small hand tools to carry out preparation of metal surfaces from porcelain to create artificial teeth.
- Prepared wax bites blocks and impression trays for use on patient’s teeth.
- Maintained order and cleanliness of lab and other related duties as assigned.
- Coordinated production schedule of dental prosthetics and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
DENTI UNIVERSITY Las Vegas, NV
Associates in Medical Laboratory Technology, June 1995
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Graduated with a 3.8 G.P.A
- Experience in constructing dental replacements. (Bridges, dentures, crowns and, orthopedic appliances.)
- Used computers, polishing equipment, carvers, furnaces and, Bunsen burners.
Not having much luck on your job search? Use these 5 job search tips to get you an interview, fast.