Your career starts here
General Ledger Accountant Resume Sample
Click the links below to find the information you want:
This particular resume highlights the candidate’s skills for the position by emphasizing their major responsibilities in their Professional Experience as well as their Educational Background. You can use this sample resume as a template for your resume, editing your specific career details.
Try to focus on your achievements rather than just your daily duties when writing your bullet points. Also, keep the number of bullet points to less than 6, your resume needs to be short and powerful. Too many bullet points can appear tedious to read!
General Ledger Accountant Resume Template
453 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43213
General Ledger Accountant with over 4 years of experience in accounting, and preparing general ledger reconciliations. Possesses a B.S. in Accounting and CPA.
LARSON ALLEN Columbus, OH
General Ledger Accountant September 1998 – Present
- Generate and maintain financial statement reports and experience regcse:searching GAAP accounting issues.
- Perform necessary functions to assist in the maintenance of accounts and system
- Ensure proper accounting of general ledger transactions and prepared monthly general ledger reconciliations
- Perform month-end close, which includes reviewing, and posting all inventory related automated journal entries
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of monthly firm financial statements
- Maintain positive, professional relationship with the firm's banking institutions.
- Review divisional financial statements for accuracy
- Prepare financial and statistical reports and perform multiple bank reconciliations
- Prepare statement of chargeable income for individuals, companies, partnerships, trust, estates and lodging the same with IRS
ANCHIN, LLP Columbus, OH
Senior Accountant September 1998 – Present
- Created new reports for General Ledger reconciling that reduced work time by 30%
- Work with Managers to support their understanding of accounting issues
- Produce monthly sales tax report, budget reports and film contract royalties
- Led the monthly close process for finished goods inventory, including the reconciliation of the perpetual ledger to the general ledger
- Prepared schedules for SEC reporting purposes and submitted consolidated financial information to corporate departments as part of the monthly, quarterly and year-end close
OHIO NORTHERN UNIVERSITY Ada, OH
Bachelor of Science in Accounting October 2005
- Expert level skills with Excel, Great Plains, SAP, Oracle 12i, Peach tree and Quick Books Pro (expert level)
- Certified Public Accountant
A payroll accountant is one of the most vital parts of an organization and the position is surprisingly dynamic due its changing laws and regulations.
This payroll accountant example resume provides you with an outline of how to format your resume, and what information to include. Detail any payroll accountant work history and highlight your system and software knowledge.
You should always tailor the resume example to your own experiences.
PAYROLL ACCOUNTANT RESUME TEMPLATE
4258 Harvest Anchor Run
French Lick, Connecticut, 06803-9159
Payroll Accountant with over 10+ years of experience with thorough understanding of end-to-end payroll processes, tax remittances and SAP Payroll experience. Possessing a B.S. Accounting seeking a position within an engineering firm devoted HR collaboration.
AEROSPACE II Central, NY
Payroll Accountant September 1999 – Present
- Working with Payroll team of 25 personnel to understand industry requirements on a total payroll of $75million
- Creating documentation to support the design of the payroll policies within SAP
- Linking closely with the technical team of 6 during the configuration and design of the system
- Designing and set up and implementation of SAP payroll
- Setting up new employees and update information for current employees in payroll system.
- Tracking court ordered garnishments & levies, ensuring that amounts are withheld & remitted.
- Preparing external and internal payroll reports. Expand knowledge of developing reports via report writer.
SMITHSONIAN ANTIQUES Central, NY
Payroll Clerk September 1999 – Present
- Update employee records, totaling 90+ employees (new hires, transfers, etc. ), in the HRMS in support of the timekeeping system
- Manage the submission of one-time payments (commissions, bonus, relocation, etc.)
- Provide support in resolving payroll issues, providing reporting, and other HR/Payroll related tasks as required
QUEENS UNIVERSITY OF CHARLOTTE Charlotte, NC
B.S. Accounting September 1992 – August 1995
- GPA 3.75
- Brett Smart Scholarship Award
- Event’s organizer of QU Amnesty International
- Fundraised $3576 for Women in Africa
- ADP, Deltek Costpoint/Deltek Time Collection
- Microsoft Suite
- QuickBooks Pro and Intuit