Your career starts here
Home Health Aide Resume Sample
“Could ya’ give us a leg up luv?” whispers Bruce to his compassionate and caring home health aide. Half naked but in need of assistance she lowers him into the bath and helps to wash his sodden and wrinkled, yet peculiarly fresh looking, body.
A home health aide can take on a multitude of tasks within the home helping people with disabilities of the body and mind.
Show off your certifications and your ability to work within deadlines on this health aide resume sample and you'll shine at your next interview!
The above resume is pretty well formatted and would catch the eye of any discerning HR manager. There are a few points to be taken away as to why this is a strong resume, and a few points in regards to how it could be improved. Here are just a few reasons why this resume is a strong one:
- The candidate immediately lists important certifications in the career objective such as HHA and PPD certification.
- The candidate listed dates with overlapping jobs, this shows a strong work ethic.
- Including a plethora of certifications and licenses makes the candidate appear very qualified for any home health aid position.
Some things that could still be improved and would add to the overall strength of the resume could include the following:
- This candidate could numerically detail how man beds, patients and/or rooms they oversaw in previous work experiences
- Including just a few more additional skills that depict more of the candidate's personal character may be advantageous, as working in a home requires good social skills.
HOME HEALTH AIDE RESUME TEMPLATE
7965 Dewy Isle, Squeaky Springs, Kansas, 67697
HHA with over 25 years of experience within the MA area, assisting elderly patients with a variety of tasks and recording daily logs Possesses HHA and PPD certifications
SANDRAS SERVICES Boston, MA
Home Health Aide September 1998 – Present
- Assist with certain treatments as ordered by the physician and approved and supervised by the nurse
- Perform frequent transfers and lifting, dressing, bathing, grooming and feeding for all assigned patients
- Provide personal care: Bathing, Grooming, including oral care, assist the client with dressing and undressing
- Assist the client with toileting activities, assist in feeding the client, Feed clients who are unable to feed themselves
HAPPY ENDING SERVICES Boston, MA
Home Care Aide September 1998 – Present
- Follow established patient care plans, travel to patients’ homes and provides basic patient care
- Maintain logs and records of travel, time, supplies used, and care provided
- Complete documentation notes regarding patient care and notify supervisor of changes in patient's condition
COWELL HIGH SCHOOL Chicago, IL
GED, June 1995
- Volunteer for The Red Cross
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Home Health Aide (HHA) certificate
- Valid physical (within the last 6 months)
- PPD/Chest X-Ray
- MMR Titres
- Social Security Card
- Government Issued Photo ID
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Microsoft Office (Intermediate)
- Quad lingual French, Spanish, Italian and German