Your career starts here
Hotel Concierge Resume Sample
In order to be a Hotel Concierge you have to have excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude. In the concierge sample resume below a candidate is looking to fill just such a position. You can either copy the hotel concierge resume sample verbatim for your own resume, or better yet, re-work with your own hotel achievements and responsibilities, since it isn't necessary to lie on your resume to make it more impressive.
Take note of how the sample below focuses on skills that are relevant to the hotel industry such as phone communication and computer operation, as these will be part of the everyday routine for nearly all hotel concierge services. Also, stress your communication and customer service skills, because at the end of the day, service is what being a good concierge is all about.
If you have any questions about your hotel industry resume, let is know in the comments below and our resume experts will do their best to answer them!
Some of the strong points to note in this resume and apply to your own include:
- The applicant included a succinct and precise career objective making note of their previous related hotel experience.
- The applicant listed additional skills that are highly relevant to the job position
- This concierge resume includes very specific experience points such as "Ensured the proper completion of desk agents AM/PM checklist."
Some areas where this resume could be improved a little more might include the following:
- The applicant should specify that their 4.0 GP was on a 4.0 scale if considering applying to a hotel change with international locations
- The applicant could probably fit a bit more material on this one page, perhaps reducing the space between their Education and Additional Skllls sections.
- The applicant should include some numerical quantification somewhere, as numbers will jump out better. Perhaps listing the number of rooms in the hotel would be beneficial.
HOTEL CONCIERGE RESUME TEMPLATE
Phillip E. Allen
3729 Jade Wood Farms, Elmsford, NJ 10003
A Hotel Concierge with over 10 years of experience in PC operating systems, customer service, and telephone etiquette. Possesses a High School Diploma.
MARQUEE HOTEL Elmsford, NJ
Hotel Concierge April 2003 – Present
- Answered telephones in a professional and polite manner. Taking telephone messages in an accurately, completely and, promptly.
- Displayed a warm and friendly greeting to all who entered Hotel
- Handled all safety and emergency manners in a calm and efficient way.
- Took care of customer and tenants requests for services.
- Appropriately arranged and confirmed recreational, dining, and/or business activities for both inside and outside of property.
RIDGEFIELD HOTEL Elmsford, NJ
Front Desk Clerk June 1999 – April 2003
- Made sure all shifts were covered as scheduled.
- Assisted guests with services and other requests.
- Checked logbook for any other information or incidents
- Ensured proper credit policies were followed.
- Ensured the proper completion of desk agents AM/PM checklist.
RIDGEFIELD HIGH SCHOOL Elmsford, NJ
High School Diploma, June 1999
- Had a 4.0 G.P.A.
- Captain of the debate team
- Telephone etiquette
- PC operating system
- Excellent customer service