Your career starts here
Inventory Specialist Resume Sample
Below, we provide three inventory control resumes, and an explanation of their content.
Click on any of the images to expand their size.
Click the navigation links below to read the section that interests you.
The following resume was written by John Queens, a job candidate for an inventory specialist job at a major company.
John's resume is exemplary for one major reason: he includes numerical descriptions and evidence in his job descriptions. Notice that he:
- States the combined price total of the products he documents at $24M+
- States how much he uses his computer and software skills daily (over 50%)
- States the price total of the inventory he maintained daily ($575,000)
This is the key to writing a successful resume.
8894 Quiet Pond Freeway, Sikort Chuapo, Washington, 99085
Inventory Specialist with over 10 years of experience ERP Systems, distributing hardware and maintaining multi-million dollar inventories. Possesses a Microsoft Suite skills and forklift certified.
HARRY’S HAULERS Boston, MA
Inventory Specialist September 1998 – Present
- Compiling information that documents the quantity and type of equipment, merchandise, and/or supplies stocked in warehouse and/or on vans which includes, but not limited to, new, remanufactured and/or items to be returned, combine total of $24M+
- Receiving and records distributed hardware information into the computer tracking system at the local level (50% of the job requiring computer work)
- Pulling and documents all materials needed to complete the different types of installations and service work
- Verifying and receives new inventory and vendor shipments, followed by stocking the inventory in the warehouse and completes all necessary system transactions
SATELLITE TONIGHT Boston, MA
Inventory Specialist Assistant September 1995 – 1998
- Maintained an accurate inventory of $575,000 count of all products warehoused on a daily, weekly and/or monthly basis in the approved format
- Printed reports on a daily, weekly and/or as needed basis
- Maintained an accurate physical inventory count of all saleable products, which includes processed items returning to service, on a daily basis
- Completed daily inventory transactions for all product used, linking them to the proper accounts
JIRTYRON HIGH SCHOOL Chicago, IL
High school Diploma
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Captain of the Basketball team
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- ERP Systems
- Forklift certification, 2001
In the resume below, Brent Weaver emphasizes his communication, organization, critical thinking, and decision-making skills, among others. He was in charge of assessing the needs of the company in regard to their products and the start and end inventory.
Once again, this is a perfect resume. "Directed efforts that cut shipping errors by 75%" is the kind of statistic that will make a hiring manager stop and say "wow, we should interview this person."
Ensure that your own resume uses these strategies.
334 South State Street, Jackson, MS 39205
Inventory Management Associate with over 10 years of experience developing and implementing efficient inventory management methods.
PORTA CONSTRUCTIONS Jackson, MS
Associate Manager of Inventory November 2005 – Present
- Ordered supplies and tracking inventory control by developing innovative system which improved efficiency by 32%
- Trained, scheduled, and supervised as many as 90 employees
- Directed efforts that cut shipping errors by 75%.
- Successfully managed a SKU growth of over 400%.
- Achieved an inventory variance of 0.10% on inventory valued at over $5 million
- Selected to be a member of the AS400 Implementation Team
- Authored the physical inventory procedural instruction manual now used by the 53 branches of entire company
SIMA WAREHOUSE Jackson, MS
Inventory Management September 2002 – November 2005
- Handled the maintenance of equipment and materials within given budget.
- Checked out list of materials and equipment are whether as per order or not.
- Created reports of inventory, accounting, and purchasing.
- Excellent track record attained while managing inventory levels valued at up to $3 million.
- Team player with proven ability to cut inventory variances and error rates through strong management practices and adherence to policies and procedures.
LEONORE HIGH SCHOOL Jackson, MS
Diploma, June 2002
- MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Lotus WordPro, Lotus 1-2-3, Lotus Notes, AS400
- Completed training of Supply Systems, Storage Management, and Logistics Organization
- First Aid / CPR