Your career starts here
Make Up Artist Resume Sample
A Make-Up Artist is someone who applies make up to a client. They usually work with those in the celebrity world such as actors and singers. They must build their reputation through word of mouth or with a portfolio. Those who don’t work in the celebrity world can often be found working in salons and spas. Some Make-Up Artists do tend to go work for make-up companies and create their own line of products. The salary of the position can vary because the Make-Up Artist’s job is considered more along the lines of freelancing.
About this resume:
- It's great to see that Betty is pro-active with such terminology as "Kept up to date on seasonal make-up" and "advising on proper skin care"
- We'd love to see her expand on the size of the budget and costs saved in addition to the amount of suppliers
- Betty could talk about the amount of clients and the types of make-up she handles including brands
Here are the top 5 skills that employers are looking for. It may help you when writing your resume.
MAKE UP ARTIST RESUME TEMPLATE
Betty J. Wick
2749 Bryan Avenue, Afton, MN 55001
A Make Up Artist with over 10 years of experience in color palette, skin tones and, communication. Possesses an Associates in Cosmetology.
COSMO SPA Afton, MN
Make-Up Artist September 2000 – Present
- Helped clients with skin problems, advising them on proper skin care.
- Kept up to date on seasonal make-up and hairstyle trends from a variety of sources.
- Used color palette for skin tone and hair; creating unique and fresh styles.
- Handled budget, ordered supplies, scheduled and confirmed appointments with clientele.
DAISY’S SALON Afton, MN
Make-Up Artist July 1995 – September 2000
- Consulted client on problem areas, recommending certain products to use.
- Applied make up to cover imperfections such as scars, dark circles and, blemishes.
- Helped in giving new and different looks to clients as requested; creating unique colors.
- Researched the latest seasonal colors and trends in order to create unique looks.
- Handled the tasks of budgeting, sourcing and, ordering materials from professional suppliers.
COSMO-TEC UNIVERSITY Afton, MN
Associates in Cosmetology, June 1995
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Graduated with a 4.0 G.P.A
- Knowledge of the Cosmetic Industry.
- Experience with color and skin tones.
- Good coordination and communication skills.