Your career starts here
Massage Therapist Resume Sample
The following is a sample resume for a massage therapist, a person knowledgeable in anatomy as well as therapy, medicine, and sometimes even psychology. Writing a massage therapist resume, like many others of the physical arts, requires equal doses of knowledge and experience, and can be difficult to summarize in a few bullet points.
Qualities of good massage therapists vary around the world. What is considered to makes the "best masseuse" in America will be different from what makes a great masseuse in Taiwan for example. Similarily, the quality and reviews of different massage parlours will vary by region as well. Reviews for Taiwan massages might use a whole different critique system than reviews for European massages. The sample below was written in an international format, as to appeal to applicants from all corners of the world.
Hopefully the sample below will give you a few ideas for how to go about writing your resume.
To depict your knowledge, make sure to include any massage therapy certificates and licences you have. To depict your experience consider including a career objective like the on in the sample below. "Massage Therapist with over 10 years of experience providing in-house and institutionalized massage therapies" is a great way to immediately indicate to the reader your experience level.
MASSAGE THERAPIST RESUME TEMPLATE
1801 Venice Street, Los Angeles, CA 90210
Massage Therapist with over 10 years of experience providing in house and institutionalized massage therapies. Possesses a wide knowledge of different massage therapies and a proven track record of maintaining client confidentiality and privacy.
ALLIED PHYSIOTHERAPHY Los Angeles, CA
Massage Therapist August 2005 – Present
- Provide personalized message services to patients in collaboration with physiotherapists to promote faster bone and wound healing.
- Apply vigorous and regular massages to patients with scoliosis and other deformities to promote and encourage better posture.
- Extend my services to discharged patients who still require additional massages at home to complete their physiotherapy programs.
- Attend seminars and read trade journals to keep abreast of latest innovations and developments in the field.
- Train other physiotherapists on using massage to promote blood circulation in patient injuries and prevent the outbreak and spread of gangrene.
BOSTON CHILDRENS HOSPITAL Boston, MA
Trainee Massage Therapist August 2001 – July 2005
- Incorporated various massage therapies like acupuncture, Swedish, Shiatsu, and so on in serving the hospital’s patients and speeding up their healing.
- Provided my services to the psychiatric department to improve the relaxation and management of especially difficult patients.
- Lectured and trained staff and patients on the importance of massage in promoting relaxation and eliminating stress and other maladies.
- Assisted several wheelchair-bound patients recover in record time through the skillful application of my techniques.
- Received several employee awards for many of the above innovations as well as for the generally friendly rapport that existed between my patients and I.
Does that professional experience section look good to you? Here's how to imitate it.
UNIVERSITY OF IOWA Iowa City, IA
Advanced Diploma in Massage Therapy, June 2001
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Ran campus massage business
UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA Minneapolis, MN
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, June 2000
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Trainer for soccer team