Your career starts here
Mechanical Engineering Resume Sample
We provide four engineering resumes on this page. Click any of the thumbnails below to expand them to a larger size.
We have two of these resume examples in text format below, with an explanation of their content. Click on the link below to navigate directly to its location.
The resume template below showcases the skills and abilities of a mechanical engineer with 3 years of experience. His resume is successful because he's ordered his job experience bullet points according to resume best practices. For instance, his first bullet point emphasizes his participation in solving "plant reliability" issues -- showing that he's capable of resolving complex issues in a team-based situation. The rest of his bullet points concisely describe the other duties he performed as a mechanical engineer, giving the hiring manager a clear picture of the skills and abilities that he possesses.
You may notice that your own job experience is similar to John's. Feel free to adapt this resume to match your own experience.
3952 Umber Fox Inlet
Noseville, Vermont, 05292-1288
Mechanical Engineer with over 3 years of experience of power plant design and geometric dimensioning. Possesses a BS in Mechanical Engineering and AutoCAD, SolidWorks and SAP experience
CROSSROAD COMPANY Boston, MA
Mechanical Engineer September 2009 – Present
- Actively participating as a member of various Value Stream Teams to drive resolution of common cause and special cause issues that negatively impact Plant Reliability
- Detailed design, material selection and manufacturing of precision mechanical components
- Create solid model parts and assemblies using SolidWorks
- Participate in the Technical Director's Council and integrated product and process teams to influence the development of future policies, procedures, and best practices
- Executing capital projects per agreed cost, schedule, and performance
- Designing with CAD tools and understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
BLANKET SCREEN LLC Boston, MA
Engineer Intern September 1998 – Present
- Perform quantity take-offs, assist with computer modeling and calculate section properties
- Prepare input files and perform full term calibration of VNA, perform vector measurements
- Evaluate customer/operational needs to define needs and spend time researching alternative solutions
- Review software requirements and write test cases
COWELL UNIVERSITY Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, June 1995
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude
- SolidWorks (2-5 years experience)
- Ability and willingness to work around ordnance
- Designing with CAD tools
- PLC controlled systems
- SAP experience
- Mechanical drive systems
- Pneumatic and vacuum systems
- Servo drive systems
- Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Project computer skills
The industrial engineering candidate below wrote an excellent resume. The first bullet point is impressive -- Irene managed to find a way to DOUBLE product production by using alternative processes to save time. Hiring managers look for those kinds of quantitative details, as they provide direct evidence of skill, ability, and competence.
Irene J. Anderson
615 Hall Place, Paris, TX 75460
An Industrial Engineer with over 10 years of experience in blueprints, testing and, maintenance. Possesses a Bachelor’s and Masters in Industrial Engineering.
BIG JOE BUILDERS Austin, TX
Industrial Engineer May 1999 – Present
- Increased the flow of products by finding alternatives to cut the time of production in half.
- Developed and implemented plans for facility modifications and operating methods.
- Assisted in establishing accident prevention measures and manage training programs for personnel concerning all phases of production operations.
- Tested and evaluated products to determine any incomplete or inconsistent specs.
- Inspected and fixed any broken or worn down parts on machinery to prevent slow production.
BULL RUN INDUSTRIES Paris, TX
Junior Industrial Engineer August 1997 – May 1999
- Determined the best solutions for production including labor, finances and, machinery operations.
- Found inconsistent or incomplete specs of a product and corrected them through trial and error.
- Initiated new activities to improve the efficiency of each worker and enhancing their contribution in the production process.
- Provided research and feedback on production costs and, operations of the factory.
- Fixed the shortcomings that surfaced unexpectedly by inspecting the machinery and repairing the broken or worn out parts.
HORSESHOE UNIVERSITY Dallas, TX
Masters in Industrial Engineering, June 1997
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Graduated with a 4.0 G.P.A
HORSESHOE UNIVERSITY Dallas, TX
Bachelors in Industrial Engineering, June 1995
- Graduated with Honors
- Made Dean’s List