Your career starts here
Mental Health Resume Sample
Check out these two mental health resumes below.
If you are interested in healthcare, you may not be aware that certain segments of the healthcare industry are set to expand rapidly. Read about that phenomenon in this blog post.
Mental health tends to have an unwarranted stigma attached to it. However, this is fortunately changing. Focus your precious energy on reconfiguring this resume sample of a mental health professional so that it matches your own experiences and then you can find a job and begin battling to reverse the negative stigma attached to mental health as well!
Whether you deal with young people or old, schizophrenics, bi-polar disorders or other forms of mental illness, the general mental health sample below should have useful points to imitate.
MENTAL HEALTH RESUME TEMPLATE
1606 Sleepy Centre, Fruitland, Tennessee, 38455
Mental Health Therapist with over 8 years of experience treating 5 – 16 years olds across a range of debilitating mental illnesses, providing thorough round the clock care when needed. Possesses a BLS and bilingual English and Spanish
FARENHEIT FOUNDATION Boston, MA
Mental Health Therapist September 1998 – Present
- Assists the interdisciplinary staff to insure that optimal patient care is delivered within established nursing standards
- Provides clinical assessments to determine eligibility and appropriateness of admissions to all level of care
- Manage the availability of bed space and scheduling assessments/admissions to support the availability
DRIGGLE DINT SERVICES Boston, MA
Psychologist Assistant September 1998 – Present
- Provide psychological assessments, quality assurance reviews as required
- Serve as a consultant to the multidisciplinary teams
- Review assessments, case presentations, and quantitative chart reviews
COWELL UNIVERSITY Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science in Psychology & Health Care, June 1995
- Graduated Cum Laude
- President of Good Samaritans Phone Line – Managed 8 part time volunteers with 40+ calls per week
- Organized charity event for Amnesty International
- Fingerprinted and cleared by the Office of Mental Health (OMH)
- Bilingual Spanish and English
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association
Do you want to work in Vocational Rehabilitation?
The following is a resume sample is specifically for a vocational rehabilitation counselor.
This is a person who provides professional counseling advice to various individuals that are undergoing physical and emotional distress. They assist these individuals to become more independent and dependable by learning how to take more responsibility for their own lives and to better handle stressful situations. They may operate either in the public or private sectors, and this sample below has been written accordingly to be applicable to both sectors.
VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION COUNSELOR RESUME TEMPLATE
2254 South Elm Street, Las Vegas, NV 66743
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor with over 10 years of experience counseling and comforting various aggrieved individuals. Possesses a deep passion and devotion for helping those in need and watching them better themselves based on that help.
Feel like your professional experience is pretty thin? Don't be tempted to lie... here's an article about how you can write an excellent resume without lying.
VEGAS CONSULTING GROUP Las Vegas, NV
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor April 2006 – Present
- Identify various vocational problems of clients and liaise with other referral and counseling agencies.
- Assist and train clients on how to create proper resumes and CV’s, good grooming and office etiquette, job interview procedure, career planning and management and so on.
- Manage the training of various counselors and match them with specific clients.
- Manage and monitor the free drug and STD testing program that was initiated by our organization in collaboration with the City of Las Vegas.
POLK COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH Des Moines, IA
Counselor July 2004 – March 2006
- Evaluated the work skills of individuals with a difficult past such as ex-convicts and assisted them in getting work with the department’s vast network.
- Planned and arranged for applicants to receive special vocational studies at community colleges along with on the job training.
- Monitored and answered a hotline where suicidal and other troubled individuals could call in to receive assistance.
SMITH COLLEGE Philadelphia, PA
Advanced Diploma in Counseling Psychology, June 2004
- Graduated with distinction
- Captain of debating team
HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY Hampstead, NY
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology, June 2003
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- President of graduating class
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft World, Microsoft Excel and Power point.
- Ability to help the clients in identifying vocational problems and find work more easily through counseling.
If you have broader counseling experience
You're a counselor, or want to become one, so you might enjoy these 3 simple, self-reinforcing psychological tricks to make you feel more confident, and less anxious during an interview.
The following is a sample resume for a health counselor. Similar to the above two samples this specific resume sets itself apart with unique skills such as knowledge of insurance regulations and medical equipment.
This resume example for a health counselor may be carefully altered to fit in with the needs and requirements of applicants such as yourself seeking to land a position as a health counselor.
HEALTH COUNSELOR RESUME TEMPLATE
3376 South Main Street, Houston, TX 44658
Health Counselor with over 5years of experience in actively guiding others to healthier and longer living and in promoting general overall physical and spiritual wellness. Possesses a proven knack for diagnosing health issues that are health related and bringing prompt relief to them.
CEDARS HOSPITAL Houston, TX
Health Counselor December 2010 – Present
- Counsel clients and patients, individually and in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, and making positive changes.
- Follow-up with client families and other specialists to ensure ongoing care for the clients after our sessions.
- Guide clients in the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their problems effectively.
- Arrange admission to rehab centers for clients requiring longer care and management of their problems.
- Provide advice for healthier promotion of marriage and familial relationships.
CAMDEN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Camden, NJ
Trainee Health Counselor August 2007 – November 2010
- Provided bereavement counseling for clients who had lost a loved one in the hospital.
- Provided counseling services as a correctional case worker to aid in the full rehabilitation of local prisoners and to prevent their recidivism upon release.
- Acted as a client advocate to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Created and maintained confidential employee health records.
(Click here to learn how to write your "Education" section properly.)
COLGATE UNIVERSITY Memphis, TN
Master of Science Degree in Psychology, June 2007
- Graduated Cum Laude
- President of Graduating Class
OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY Oklahoma City, OK
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, June 2005
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Captain of baseball team
- Comprehensive knowledge of insurance regulations, processes and guidelines.
- Extensive knowledge of medical billing, health claims and processing insurance claims.
- In-depth knowledge of medical coding and medical terminology.