Your career starts here
Nurse RN Resume Sample
This is a sample resume for a nurse RN. A nurse RN (or Registered Nurse) is a clinical health professional that is a physician’s primary assistant in a hospital. He or she accompanies the doctor during their patient rounds and takes care to note each patient’s particular and special needs.
Where a doctor is charged with diagnosing and suggesting remedies for various ailments, a nurse ensures that the doctor’s instructions are followed precisely. They also assist patients in the absence of their doctors.
Our example resume for a nurse RN can be easily edited to include your details, and adjusted to target the specific job opening you are applying for.
Other sections you may want to include in this resume could be:
- Summary of Skills - include at the top of the resume below the Career Objective, a selection of 6-9 skills you possess. These can be mainly clinical skills, like incubation, phlebotomy, etc.
- Certifications - if you hold a selection of industry relevant certifications you should consider showcasing these at the top of your resume.
NURSE RN RESUME TEMPLATE
6499 Blake Avenue, Richmond, VA
Nurse RN with over 8 years of experience providing tender and loving care to various kinds of patients in different environments. Possesses a Master’s qualification in nursing and currently focused on earning a Doctorate Degree in this field.
VIRGINIA VETERANS HOSPITAL Richmond, VA
Nurse RN December 2008 – Present
- Take charge of the daily medicine intake duties for elderly and senile patients.
- Take charge of nightly supervision and responsibilities for needy patients in the absence of their regular physicians.
- Provide companionship, comfort and counseling for those patients without regular visitors.
- Ensure patients are bathed at least twice daily, bed sheets are changed daily, bedpans and diapers are always available, bandages and casts are regularly replaced as needed, and so on.
- Assist visitors in locating patient rooms and other hospital departments.
THE CAROLINAS MEDICAL CENTER Charleston, SC
Nurses Assistant July 2004 – November 2008
- Assisted physicians in taking blood pressure, measuring heartbeat, and in the general interviewing and diagnosis of patients.
- Was responsible for supervising the admission of patients in emergency cases and whenever longer term observations were necessary.
- Arranged and supervised the transferring of patients from their locations to the hospital via ambulance.
- Coordinated workforce management objectives with a focus on individual, departmental and hospital-wide initiatives and team concepts and trained new nursing staff in the same.
- Assisted families to arrange for mortuary services and grief counseling whenever the hospital lost a patient.
CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY Washington, DC
Master of Science Degree in Nursing, June 2004
- Graduated top of my class
- Captain of debating team
JOLIET UNIVERSITY Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, June 2002
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Year book editor
- Aptitude for developing new skills, multi-tasking and remaining dedicated to the position.
- Relatively computer literate with perfect phone etiquette.
- Team player with excellent customer service.