Your career starts here
Professional Engineering Resume Sample
Welcome to the professional engineering samples page. We provide two engineering resume samples below:
For the text versions of the engineering resumes above, click the navigation links below. We also have an explanation of the resumes:
This professional engineer resume sample showcases a civil engineer with experience working on public projects and GPS navigation work. You can see that his most recent work experience indicates a high level of competence in his field. The first bullet point in his professional experience section is his most impressive -- it demonstrates that he is the thought leader for initiating projects, which is the most difficult part of engineering. A hiring manager would immediately be drawn to John Doe as an engineering candidate.
You may notice that you share many of the same responsibilities as this candidate. Feel free to adapt this resume to fit your own engineering experience. Keep in mind the areas where this resume needs improvement. "John Doe" could have improved his resume by adding:
- The size of the projects that he was tasked with conceptualizing
- The cost of the projects he was involved with
- Whether or not he met project deadlines
- The monetary/time saving impact of the technical expertise and recommendations he gave
4866 Rustic Bank
Cosmos, Vermont, 05446-1755
Professional Engineer with over 6 years of experience in civil design of land and site development for public projects including GPS navigation work. Possesses a BS in Civil Engineering and AutoCAD experience.
STANDFORD ROLLBREAKS, San Francisco, CA
Civil Professional Engineer September 1998 – Present
- Conceptualize the initial civil design approach for major phases of large land/site development, related projects
- Perform engineering field surveys using total station and GPS survey grade surveying equipment with data collectors to accurately define the topography of the planned work area
- Assist applicants for Public Assistance reconstruction projects by providing guidance about the application and project formulation process in written and verbal form
- Ensure technical accuracy, standard engineering practices, and inclusion of appropriate documentation on various reports and design projects
BOSTON MARINA Boston, MA
Civil Engineer September 1995 – 1998
- Provide technical assistance, training and planning guidance on all aspects of engineering related to base-level civil engineering programs
- Evaluate alternatives, resolve technical issues and interface with other engineering and architecture disciplines
- Review construction and demolition documents, contracts, costs and procedures, provides technical expertise and recommendations
COWELL UNIVERSITY Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, June 1995
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Captain of Baseball Team
- AutoCAD Civil 3D (5 years)
- Microstation (4 years)
- Experience on federal, retail and municipal projects (3 years)
- Microsoft Office (3 years)
- Professional Engineer (PE) License, Illinois, 2005
A General Engineer is someone who develops new products and applications. They come up with a design that they later use to make a product. After the product is created, the General Engineer will then continue to run tests and fix any problems that arise.
They do a lot of paperwork in order to figure out calculations and misc. information needed for their design or product. The General Engineer will use computers to analyze their designs and run stimulation tests on their products. The education requirement for this position is a Bachelor of Science in General Engineering.
Below is a resume sample of a General Engineer.
Margaret A. Bedford
1911 Prospect Valley Road, Irvine, CA 92664
A General Engineer with over 10 years of experience in computer software, technical communication and, calculations. Possesses a Bachelor of Science in General Engineering.
EGO CORP Irvine, CA
General Engineer December 2004 – Present
- Worked with other engineers to come up with concepts and designs for new products.
- Drew up blueprints, did calculations and gathered misc. information about product for further testing.
- Developed preventive maintenance programs and support in energy conservation improvements.
- Analyzed potential problem and suggested corrective solutions and fixes.
- Handled engineering equipment safely and effectively to avoid accidents.
BLUR AIR SOLUTIONS Irvine, CA
General Engineer July 1997 – December 2004
- Used schematics to determine calculation of product for accurate testing.
- Assisted other engineers in problem solving and finding solutions.
- Supported in conducting energy audit and implement audit recommendations.
- Created ways to alternate energy into a conservative form without depriving the user of necessary power.
- Worked in compliance with standard operating procedures and company policies.
CALI UNIVERSITY Los Angeles, CA
Bachelor of Science in General Engineering, June 1997
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Made Dean’s List
- Experience with stimulation testing and computer software
- Excellent technical verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with calculations using schematics