Your career starts here
Purchasing Manager Resume Sample
PURCHASING MANAGER RESUME TEMPLATE
1339 Worchester Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
Purchasing Manager with over 10 years of experience in asset allocation, optimization and management requires a position in academia directing earmark, including grant and research, funds utilization. Possesses a B.A. in Economics and is a lifelong member of the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society.
GALLERIA Boston, MA
Purchasing Manager July 2000 – Present
- Optimize the use of company assets in the acquisition of goods and services.
- Head initiatives that decrease company expenses while increasing profit.
- Formulate short and long term strategies to ensure quality and continuity of supply while minimizing cost.
- Manage purchase agents and purchase assistants.
COUNSEL FOR ECONOMIC IMPROVEMENT San Antonio, TX
Manager May 1982 – July 2000
- Started an initiative to train leaders, at any level in the organization, to improve leadership skills.
- Trained supervisors and assistant managers in team building.
- Interpreted market reports and advised management on the business implications.
- Led group discussions that sought to apply academic research to real-world issues.
- Presented concise explanations of complex analyses.
ROCHESTER INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY Rochester, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Economics, June 1981
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Elected to Phi Beta Kappa
- Understanding of complex economic status reports
- Ability to teach other learners irrespective of the learning style.
- Knowledge of world affairs and seasoned world traveler; of varied cultures and traditions.
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society Member