Your career starts here
Retail Banking Resume Sample
We provide two banking resume on this page.
Click on a thumbnail to expand the resume that is relevant to you.
We also provide both of these resumes in text format. Click the following navigation links below to find the resume you're looking for, and a brief explanation of their content.
This retail banking resume example highlights the candidate’s exceptional sales and customer service skills.
Feel free to adapt this example resume to reflect your own experience. Focus on your key retail banking skills. It is a bonus if you can highlight your problem solving skills, ability to manage customers, and provide friendly service. Ensure wherever possible that you are including numbers in your resume, such as how many people you managed and/or trained, or how much money you saved or earned for your bank.
Keep in mind, when adapting this resume, that it is successful for a number of reasons:
- John Denver states exact figures (16% and 32%) to describe by how much he exceeded sales targets
- He emphasizes his bilingual ability and extensive experience right in the beginning
- His skills section is detailed, giving the hiring manager confidence in his software knowledge
If you are currently unemployed, use this resource to help you write your resume and maximize your job search.
914 Misty Corner
Hogup, New York, 11328-9254
In Store Retail Banker with over 10 years of experience of exceeding retail sales targets, exceptional customer attainment levels and seeking new sales opportunities. Possesses a B.A. in Business and bilingual English and Japanese.
CRIMSON AND CLOVER BANK Boston, MA
In-store Retail Banker September 1998 – Present
- Seek opportunities to develop customer relationships and sales opportunities while providing a variety of teller transactions for customer (i.e., cashes checks and processes checking and savings account withdrawals and balancing duties for customer, etc.)
- Utilize basic sales techniques to influence a customer/prospect to buy the bank’s products and services, exceeded sales targets by 16% per annum
- Discuss and identify customer needs; sell a full range of retail products/services, such as deposit accounts, loans, credit cards and safe deposit boxes, to meet or exceed established sales goals to support overall sales objectives
- Resolves a variety of simple to complex walk-in customer problems and reconstruction of account transactions, account balance discrepancies, multiple account linkages/combined statements, unauthorized transaction claims, TransFund card/check-card problems, installment loan and payoff discrepancies
ALPHA SIGNAL SEVEN Boston, MA
Instore Retail Banker September 1998 – Present
- Responsible for marketing and selling bank products and services to potential customers, exceeding sales targets by 32% per annum
- Evaluate existing customer's needs and cross sell additional products and services
- Demonstrate proficiency with regard to policies, procedures, products and services pertaining to teller and new account transactions
- Demonstrate enthusiasm about Alpha Signal Seven bank products and services when talking to both customers and potential customers
- Participate in sales and marketing activities for the purpose of meeting branch sales goals and objectives
COWELL UNIVERSITY Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Arts in Business Candidate, June 1995
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Captain of CU Basketball Team
- Ability to navigate through most FiServ applications, including DD, TD, CRF and IBSI
- Bilingual English and Japanese
As a bank customer service representative in a bank you will be on the front line of customer queries, advice and requests. You may deal with a variety of financial transactions and may well have to hit sales targets.
This banking customer service sample resume highlights the candidate's bilingual ability, which can be very effective in the ever increasingly globalized financial realm.
Change this resume example for banking customer service representative into your own experiences.
9072 Round Rise
Ham Lake, Iowa, 51239-5799
Banking Customer Service Representative with over 10 years of experience of credit card sales, cash handling and currency transaction reports. Possesses a high school diploma and reliable transportation.
NORTH SOUTH BANK Boston, MA
Banking Service Advisor September 1998 – Present
- Documenting larger deposits using Currency Transaction Reports
- Identifying and selling East West Bank products and services beneficial to customer needs
- Addressing customer questions/concerns referring to appropriate internal resources for resolution
- Identifying fraudulent activity to prevent potential losses to the Bank
- Developing new customer relationships and opening new accounts for customers
BIG FAMILY BANK Boston, MA
Customer Service Rep September 1998 – Present
- Meet established sales referral and promotional sales goals, hitting targets by over 6% per annum
- Accept and process deposits, payments, checks for cashing and other transactions according to established procedures and performance standards
- Ready workstation at start of shift; strike and balance cash and transactions at end of shift
PERCY WINKLES HIGH SCHOOL Chicago, IL
Candidate, June 1995
- Visionary and Leader of “Slog it to Latvia” Fundraising Event – Raised a staggering $42,000+
- MS Office (6+ years)
- Bi-lingual English and Russian