Your career starts here
Staff Accountant Resume Sample
This staff accountant resume sample describes some of the key responsibilities held by a staff accountant, such as, maintaining ledgers, preparing financial statements and employee records.
Accountants will usually also include a section where they list relevant credentials and licenses required to operate a business in the State in which they reside.
You can easily use these resources to get an idea of what your resume should look like, and what information to include. In addition, we have provided the template below that you can use - simply edit in your own information and tailor your resume according to the jobs you will be applying for.
The resume above is a good example of the sort of format you should implement when writing your staff accountant resume. The introductory profile clearly states that the candidate holds a CPA license, one of the major assets in the accounting profession.
If you look at the professional experience section, you will notice that the most recent job (Kray's Cars Auctioneers) has more bullet points listed below compared to the job held before (Terence Airways Travel). This is a good tactic to employ since it puts to focus on your most recently attained/implemented skills.
If you wish to improve this resume's effectiveness we recommend you add a 'Summary of Skills' section at the top of the resume. This can simply be a box with 6-9 key skills/selling points that immediately highlights your strengths. You could include:
- CPA License
- Accounts Receivable
- Budget analysis
- Hyperion and Great Plains
Below you can find a 'copy and paste' version of this resume, ready for you to edit in your own information:
STAFF ACCOUNTANT RESUME TEMPLATE
5260 Heather Bluff Chase
La Honda, Wisconsin, 53449-6889
Staff Accountant with over 10+ years of experience of financial budget analysis, report preparation and account reconciliations. Possessing a CPA license, a B.S. in Accounting, QuickBooks Pro, Hyperion and Great Plains advanced knowledge.
KRAY’S CAR AUCTIONEERS Central, NY
Staff Accountant September 1999 – Present
- Assisting in managing the Auction's records and reports in compliance with established account policies and procedures.
- Supporting Controller in month end preparation, review, and analysis.
- Processing sale day transactions and prepare and balance sale day deposits.
- Preparing monthly bank account reconciliations including, depository, general disbursement and vehicle disbursement.
TERENCE AIRWAYS TRAVEL Central, NY
Payroll Accounting Clerk September 1999 – Present
- Maintained payroll information in ADP by collecting and entering data timely and accurately for over 450+ staff
- Completed, verified, and processed forms and documentation for administration of benefits such as 401(k) and medical insurance.
- Prepared and recorded payroll journal entries into the general ledger and prepared reports upon request, such as overtime and headcount reports.
QUEENS UNIVERSITY OF CHARLOTTE Charlotte, NC
Certified Public Accounting (CPA) September 1995 – August 1998
B.S. Accounting September 1992 – August 1995
- QuickBooks Pro and Hyperion
- Microsoft Suite including Excel: Pivot tables
- The American Accounting Association
Staff Auditor Resume Example
This example resume of a staff auditor shows someone with both CIA and CPA certifications that will help them to land their auditor job. Consider moving these to the top of your resume if they are of particular relevance to the jobs you are applying for.
When listing bullet points, you may decide to pinpoint your analytical and interpersonal skills, plus any projects you worked on helping a company with operating activities. ALWAYS hold in mind the jobs you want to apply for, and the necessary skills, when writing your resume.
STAFF AUDITOR RESUME TEMPLATE
8086 Crystal Ledge, Longshot, Maryland, 20818
Staff Auditor with over 10 years of experience auditing assignments, developing supervisory knowledge and testing on financial audits. Possesses a CIA, CPA and a BA in Business Studies
FLOWGOW LLC Boston, MA
Staff Auditor September 1998 – Present
- Assist the Senior Auditor and/or Manager of Corporate Audit in performing company-wide annual risk assessments and preparation and execution of the annual audit plans
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity
- Document and evaluate audit evidence in support of audit objectives
- Perform components of more complex audits under the direct supervision of the auditor in-charge
SIX SIDED DICE HOSPITALITY Boston, MA
HR Officer September 1998 – Present
- Plan, develop, and implement department human resource systems, policies and procedures related to recruitment and selection, salary administration, promotions, performance evaluations, and grievances
- Provide staff service, advice and guidance to all management/supervisory levels on human resources management principles, techniques and acceptable practices
- Resolve team member questions/issues concerning vacation time, time/hours worked and deductions
COWELL UNIVERSITY Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Arts in Business Studies , June 1995
- Graduated Cum Laude
- CIA certification
- CPA certification
- ACL and automated audit software applications
- Ability to conduct on-site audits
- Windows and Microsoft Office software