Your career starts here
Television Producer Resume Sample
Select the resume that fits in with your requirements.
The role of a television producer can be a high risk/high reward role. A television producer tries to work within budget to produce a television show/program while negotiating salaries and deciding scripts. This television producer resume sample pinpoints the key achievements of the candidate and the resume also focuses on the producer’s ability to use various types of equipment.
TELEVISION PRODUCER TEMPLATE RESUME
1987 Colonial Falls, Sioux Lookout, New Mexico, 88347
Executive Producer with over 10 years of experience production and programming of an independent cable network, strategic thinking and remaining cost-effective. Possesses a B.A. in Communications firm negotiation skills
GARAGE TV PRODUCTIONS Boston, MA
Executive Producer September 1998 – Present
- Create, develop, and oversee quality programming for the network exceeding television rating goals by 35%
- Ensure that proposals meet Ad Sales, ratings, and finance criteria
- Work as a liaison to ensure deal making between the network and production company
- Serve as the internal and external face of the brand
- Effectively articulate the brand strategy and ensure that programming is on-brand
- Continually discover and develop new talent and manage 40+ external on-air talent
SPIEGEL BROADCASTING Boston, MA
Assistant Producer September 1998 – Present
- Produce own features, shows and projects by utilizing research, writing and editing skills.
- Responsible for overseeing the creative execution of specific assigned shows or projects by setting feature ideas, rundowns, writing and reviewing scripts and directing staff during field shoots
- Work with Directors of Production, Coordinating Producers and Senior Producers in assembling production teams for shows or projects
- Manage production teams in the daily planning and execution of all assigned programs and/or projects. Supervise personnel and their work on the assigned projects
COWELL UNIVERSITY Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Arts in Communications Candidate, June 1995
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude
- Solid computer skills (WordPro, Microsoft Word, Lotus123, Excel and/or comparable programs)
- Familiarity with advancing and emerging technologies and techniques related to HDTV (high-definition television)
Take a read of this resume. In this sample resume, Joe is a lover of electricity and equipment; he also gets to affect whether millions of people see anything on their television screens. Sounds exciting, huh? You can take your passion for electronics behind the scenes! You could tinker with gadgets and watch a broadcast in the making. Not to mention your contributions literally keep the broadcast on the air! Now show off your skills in your resume and land that cool job; let this sample resume be your guide.
TELEVISION PRODUCTION ENGINEER RESUME TEMPLATE
256 Winders Lane, Salem, OR 97304
Production Engineer with 10+ years of experience in maintenance, troubleshooting and installations seeking to move up the ladder to Senior Production Engineer. Possesses an A.S. in Electrical Engineering Technology.
RTSI NETWORKS Portland, OR
Junior Production Engineer March 2004 – Present
- Work closely with Senior Engineer and the engineering team in all installations and maintenance requirements for the broadcast and production departments.
- Order and maintain engineering parts and supplies.
- Assist the Senior Engineer to maintain and create broadcast engineering prints of system and wiring of broadcast infrastructure.
- Responsible for 24/7 engineering support for a 365 day, live, nationwide television network.
- Monitor the integrity of all internal and external signal transmissions.
TV - 34 Chicago, IL
Volunteer Student Production Engineer September 2000 – March 2004
- Applied classroom theory to assist engineers with detailed and intricate electronic equipment repairs.
- Supported live studio production and post-production operations.
- Worked with digital broadcasting/recording formats.
- Assisted in television systems installation and documentation.
- Acquired working knowledge of SD and HD signal processing.
BITECHNIC UNIVERSITY Chicago, IL
Associates of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology, June 2002
- Graduated with Honors
- Volunteer with Chicago Transportation Authority (CTA)
- Abundant experience in service and repair of broadcast video equipment
- Understand video and audio signal flow as it relates to a broadcast facility
- Possess working knowledge of electronics and the ability to troubleshoot down to the component level
- Knowledge of television production, post production, studio and remote production
- Good writing, communication and computer skills
- Advanced computer networking skills
The TV Production Manager provides strategic oversight and administrative direction over business, financial, facility and programming activities of the production process. A TV Production Manager also organizes the business, finance and employment issues in film and television productions. As a Production Manager, you would be in charge of how the budget is spent and making sure that everything runs efficiently during filming. Incumbents in this classification must perform work within strict broadcasting deadlines typically supervising technical crew in the performance of production activities.
TV PRODUCTION MANAGER RESUME TEMPLATE
6799 Lux Avenue, Atlanta, GA 44211
TV Production Manager with over 9 years of experience in production and on air promotions. Produced and directed numerous TV shows from concept, development through to final production. Comfortable with live, studio and location formats.
CNN Atlanta, GA
TV Production Manager October 2010 – Present
- Playing a key role in implementing changes to the look and feel of the sales marketing initiative at the station resulting in increased viewer subscriptions.
- Reviewing the performance of the shows and training the producers on increasing the ratings if required.
- Directing promotional campaigns across all networks for the major free to air and pay TV channels.
- Monitoring the live content on the program from the different field reporters and associates and managing the script accordingly.
NBC NEWS Reno, NV
Assistant TV Production Manager July 2005 – September 2010
- Managed the control room for weather news and incorporated multiple shots in the live programs from various locations.
- Was responsible for drafting news copy and editing audio and video content.
- Monitored developing stories and the viability of including them in shows with the help of the assignment desk supervisor and the production crew.
- Designed special features in newscasts such as elections, and developed segments for these.
UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO Chicago, IL
Master of Arts Degree in Journalism, June 2005
- Graduated with distinction
NOTRE DAME UNIVERSITY Notre Dame, IN
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communication, June 2003
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Wrote for the student paper
- Ability to interact with users of all new media platforms.
- Exceptional knowledge of technical issues involved in television production.
- Ability to inspire, guide and manage a creative team and exceed expectations.