Your career starts here
Truck Driver Resume Sample
On this page, we provide three truck driver resume samples -- Truck Driver, Trailer Driver, and Tow-Truck Driver. Click any of the thumbnails below to expand them for easier reading.
We've also included these resumes in text format on this page, as well as an explanation of their content. Use the navigation links below to read the section you're most interested in.
Use the resume template below to figure out how common truck driving duties are described on resumes. You'll need to change the text to make it relevant to your own experience. Include how much you can lift, and any languages that you know how to speak in your additional skills section.
451 Velvet Rabbit Autoroute
Teakettle Junction, Kentucky, 40408-3603
Long Distance Truck Driver with over 10 years of experience delivering to over 26 countries dealing with a variety of distributors and suppliers. Possesses a Commercial Drivers License (Class A) with Hazmat and Tanker
GLOWGISTICS Boston, MA
Continental Truck Driver September 1998 – Present
- Operates haul trucks and other assigned light and heavy construction equipment, machinery and tools for highway and bridge construction and maintenance, construction and maintenance materials handling and sand and gravel mining
- Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
- Deliver product and execute all promotions
- Detecting and eliminating or minimizing safety hazards
STEPS AT A TIME Boston, MA
Truck Driver September 1998 – Present
- Service all scheduled customers by the end of shift
- Maintaining accurate records and logs
- Communicates with truck drivers and other operators to coordinate materials handling and delivery
- Establish positive working relationships with primary contact at each account
- Loading and unloading any weights if requested by customer
- Merchandise all accounts to local standards
COWELL UNIVERSITY Chicago, IL
Incognito High School, June 1995
- GPA 3.0/4.0
- Fundraised $400 for the Red Cross
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- Commercial Drivers License (Class A) with Hazmat and Tanker
- No DUI or points
- Operating equipment (pallet jacks, hand trucks, breakdowns)
- Trilingual Dutch, German and English
If you drive big rigs or freight trucks, then perhaps the above resume doesn't quite cut it. Instead, consider this resume below. The Trailer Driver is responsible for delivering products safely and on time. They must inspect the vehicle for each trip that they make and report the condition of the vehicle back to the transport company.
Besides delivering products, a Trailer Driver is also responsible for loading and unloading products on to their vehicle. In order to do the job efficiently the Trailer driver has to maintain their vehicle at all times this includes checking oil and tires. This position requires that you have a commercial driver’s license and a High School Diploma. Below is the resume sample of a Trailer Driver.
Mark S. Waters
4852 Edgewood Road, Memphis, TN 38115
A Trailer Driver with over 10 years of experience in fork lifting, power tools and, customer service. Possesses a High School Diploma and CDL Class A License.
TENN AGRICULTURE Memphis, TN
Trailer Driver December 2001 – Present
- Followed all traffic signals and laws when transporting products to destination.
- Checked over vehicle between each trip, reporting condition back to company.
- Responsible for maintaining heavy equipment and trucks with change of oil, fueling and tires.
- Loaded and unloaded products using fork-lifts, booms and, cranes; following safety procedures.
- Observed and checking all aspects of record control regarding to masonry materials and vehicle parts.
HEN FARMS Memphis, TN
Tractor Trailer Truck Driver September 1996 – December 2001
- Transported tractor equipment and accessories from one farm to the other.
- Loaded tractors onto trailer; securing tractors in place with chains and ropes.
- Maintained truck on a daily basis, checking oil, gas, radiator, engine and, tires.
- Took all safety measures when it came to equipment, transporting and, driving.
- Trained and supervised crew when it came to loading tractors onto additional trailers.
MIAMI UNIVERSITY Miami, FL
High School Diploma, June 1996
- Graduated with Honors
- Member of Honors Society
- Skilled with forklifts and power tools
- Excellent driving record
- Knowledge of traffic laws and signals
- CDL Class A License, Memphis TN, 1996-Present
Greg is an unhappy man as he witnesses his new Chevrolet being towed away by the man in the yellow jacket, as he throws his parking ticket to the ground the tow truck driver waves a beleaguered goodbye. This tow truck driver resume sample hones in the types of licenses and technology a Tow Truck Driver uses. Learn about what employers really want and change this Tow Truck Driver sample resume to the job description that you wish to apply for.
TOW TRUCK DRIVER
2785 Stony Island Campus
Rush Lake, Virginia, 23489-5810
Tow Truck Driver with over 10 years of experience of transporting vehicles to scrap merchants and body shops, ability to negotiate with clients and maintain timely deliveries of vehicles Possesses a Class A & Class B Operators License of Illinois
APALOCA ROAD COMPANY Boston, MA
Tow Truck Driver September 1998 – Present
- Load and unload products for customer ensuring product is not damaged
- Regularly handle escalated service requests, including difficult to tow vehicles, or vehicles located in areas or positions that prevent timely service by independent contract stations
BLACK STAR Boston, MA
Truck Driver September 1998 – Present
- Assist customer upon delivery with any Demonstrate exceptional customer services skills resulting in regular assignments to provide service to Members or other customers with unique needs
- Processes delivery ticket including obtaining customers receipt signature
- Assist motorists observed as needing minor assistance on the road
- Operates vehicle in accordance with local, state and federal transportation regulations
- Inspects and maintains vehicle and vehicle records in accordance with company standards
ANTSY HIGH SCHOOL Chicago, IL
High School Diploma, June 1995
- GPA 3.45/4.0
- Awarded “Outstanding Achievement In Geography” – Especially map reading
- Ability to life 130lbs
- Possesses laptop and Wi-Fi
- Ability to operate manual and automatic transmission vehicles
- Able to read and interpret maps
- Class A & Class B Operators License of Illinois with excellent driving record
- NV DMV
We hope you found this page useful.
Here are some other great resources you can look at:
You may be a driver but write your resume like James Bond
Simplify Your Job Search and get that drivers job