Your career starts here
Video Game Designer Resume Sample
A Video Game Designer has the coolest job ever. They get to create and design video games! It’s their job to design the structure of the game and how the game can be played by the player. They create a variety of games for computers, consoles and other electronic devices. Through compromise and cooperation, the Video Game Designer gets to collaborate with others to come up with the creation of a game. It can take months and sometimes years before the Video Game Designer gets to see their finished work on a store shelf. In order to land a position in this field, you may need to take specific courses.
- A few things we'd like to see on this resume would be the platform the game is designed for, deadlines met, the budget to create the game and the size of the team
- It may be best to keep off "attended weekly meetings" as that is usually a given in most organizations
- We'd love to see how much revenue the final game pulled in and the scope of the sales, local, national or global?
VIDEO GAME DESIGNER RESUME TEMPLATE
Toni G. Sund
2373 Private Lane, Valdosta, GA 31601
A Video Game Designer with over 10 years of experience in problem solving, creativity and, database management. Possesses a Bachelors in Engineering.
VISUAL EFFECTS Los Angeles, CA
Video Game Designer April 2000 – Present
- Handled responsibilities for visual effects and look of settings in game.
- Ensured the workings of all game play and visual effects by running tests.
- Worked on a team to ensure project was done in a timely manner before due date.
- Conducted regcse:search on current trends and implemented them into the game.
- Attended weekly meetings to discuss curtain projects, solve issues and, upcoming deadlines.
EXCALIBUR GAMING San Diego, CA
Video Game Designer August 1996 – April 2000
- Worked in teams to create and design a different variety of games for all genres.
- Communicated with graphic artists, programmers and, sound designers in creating video game documentations.
- Handled the task of supporting programmers in creating technical design documentations.
- Developed and created rules for different game plays and options of play.
- Created storylines, characters, ending and, different scenarios in game play.
GEORGIA UNIVERSITY Valdosta, GA
Bachelors in Engineering, June 1996
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Graduated with a 4.0 G.P.A
- Problem Solving
- Database Management
A Game Designer makes games to specific requirements. They determine how the game will be played and develop a set of rules for the player. The Game Designer can design and create such things as board games, card games, video games and, tabletop games. In order to be a Game Designer, you must be willing to come up with ideas and concepts on a constant basis. You also need to have the ambition to make something fun and enjoyable. The education requirements can vary depending on whether you would like to design board or video games.
GAME DESIGNER RESUME TEMPLATE
Anthony S. Eatmon
290 Archwood Avenue, Mountain View, WY 82939
A Game Designer with over 10 years of experience in time management, budgeting and, computer software. Possesses a Bachelors in Game Design.
GAMES GALORE Mountain View, WY
Video Game Designer September 1998 – Present
- Wrote game narrative, levels, content, character back-story, commentary and dialogues.
- Worked alongside other video game designers, swapped ideas and finished projects on time.
- Resolved technical errors and bugs successfully and developed prototypes after final testing
- Assisted in the packaging design of Game CD-ROM's and designing cover graphics.
FUNHOUSE INC. Denver, CO
Game Designer September 1998 – Present
- Created and designed board and card games, developing style, colors and rules for player.
- Worked on a team with other game designers to swap ideas and concepts for new games.
- Tested games, looking for errors and malfunctions of the games; figuring out ways to fix errors.
- Attended weekly staff meetings, took notes and, reported progress of project to supervisor.
- Regcse:searched latest game trends and applied to ideas and concepts of new games.
MOUNTAIN SIDE UNIVERSITY Mountain View, WY
Bachelors in Game Design, 1995
- Graduated in the top 4 percentile
- Made Dean’s list
- Skilled in designing board, card and, computer games.
- Can come up with ideas and concepts in a timely manner.