Resume Companion is a US based industry leader in resume services, having been in operation since 2008. Over the years we have helped tens of thousands of job seekers create resumes with our state-of-the-art resume builder, enabling them to make the next step in their life path.
Typically, some of the poorest resumes we see come from students. With little to no professional experience, these candidates often struggle to construct a meaningful and detailed document that will help them transition into a career, post academia.
However, as explained in our comprehensive how to write a resume guide, there are a number of factors that can be incorporated into an ‘Entry Level’ resume to give the student a powerful and effective document, such as:
- Part time or volunteer work
- Internships, club/society affiliations
- Sporting achievements/certifications
- Academic achievement & qualifications
We provide several student resume examples that demonstrate how to include those elements effectively.
Our scholarship program is designed to get the student population of the US thinking about resumes at an early stage, ensuring they have practice in this essential area of career progression, before they head into the vocational world.
Every year, we are offering a $1,000 scholarship to the student who can create the best resume, based on the life of any fictional or non-fictional character, from TV, history, literature or myth.
How to apply
Create a resume based on the life of any fictional or non-fictional character, from TV, history, literature or myth. The resume SHOULD NOT be about yourself. Again, do NOT make a resume about your own experiences. Resumes should be no longer than two pages.
Resume submissions can come in word, PDF, or info-graphic format, attached to an email and sent to [email protected]. The body of the email should include:
University attending (if applicable)
Short explanation of who’s resume you are submitting
All applications will receive a confirmation email upon receipt on our end.
View our Terms and Conditions
1. Staff at Resume Companion remember the hardship of being a student so want to make this scholarship available to as many students as possible! As such, we do not require any sort of minimum GPA, and both domestic and international students may apply.
2. All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, in full time university education for the semester they are applying to receive the scholarship fund. For example, a senior high student can apply during the Spring 2017 semester, despite still being at high school, as long as they will be enrolled in university for the Fall semester 2017 when they are due to receive the scholarship fund.
3. One application can be made per student, per year.
Due Date / Timing
The $1000 Scholarship will be available every year:
Applications received from July 16th 2018 – July 15th 2019 will be eligible to receive scholarship funding for Fall semester 2019.
Applications received from July 16th 2019 – July 15th 2020 will be eligible to receive scholarship funding for Fall semester 2020.
School and University Participation
Please help raise awareness of this scholarship opportunity amongst the student body at your school. You can post details from this page on any relevant pages of your website, include it in your news letters, and/or share it via social media
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ResumeCompanion/app_106171216118819