Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: March 16, 2021
Thank you for choosing Resume Companion to create your resume and cover letter. These Terms and Conditions are an agreement between you (“you”), Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern and Tripod Jet, LLC (and each referred to herein as the “Company” or “we” or “us” or “our”). We are committed to protecting and maintaining your rights, as well as those of the Company, and providing the best possible experience for all parties. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide resume building services and other career-related tools and advice. To have full access to the services you may be required to register an account. Each time you visit our website https://resumecompanion.com (“Site”) and use our services, you expect us to provide a safe, well-managed experience. These Terms and Conditions are meant to help you understand our own guidelines with regards to site management and how we deal with various situations. We hope you take some time to read through them carefully, as they are important. If there are any terms of these Terms and Conditions that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our site and our services.
From time to time, we may make changes to these Terms and Conditions. When any changes are made, we will update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this document, so please check back in every now and then to ensure that you are still in agreement with our guidelines and practices.
Table of Contents
- When do these Terms & Conditions apply?
- Our stance on electronic records & intellectual property
- User registration, eligibility, & representation
- What payments are accepted & how are payments processed?
- Which activities are prohibited by us?
- What is our stance on user generated content?
- How we manage the site
- Our Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) notice and policy
- How do we handle copyright infringement?
- Can your account be terminated?
- Can we modify or interrupt service?
- How we handle disputes?
- Our disclaimer
- If you are a California user and resident, who should you direct your complaints to?
- How to contact us
1. WHEN DO THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS APPLY?
These Terms and Conditions constitute a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you”) and us concerning your access to and use of the Site.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason. When any changes are made, we will update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this document, so please check back in every now and then to ensure that you are still in agreement with our terms and conditions. We will also provide you a notification when you access your account. Your continued use of the Site after the revised policy is posted will be interpreted as your awareness and acceptance of the new terms.
The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws to the extent local laws are applicable.
The Site is intended for users who are at least 18 years old. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to register for the Site or use our services.
HOW DO YOU EXPRESS YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS?
2. OUR STANCE ON INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Unless otherwise indicated, the Site and the services are our proprietary property. All content on the website is owned or controlled by us or licensed to us, and is protected by copyright and trademark laws, various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws of the United States, foreign jurisdictions, and international conventions. “Content” includes source code, databases, functionality, software, resume designs, audio, video, text, photographs and graphics.
The Content and the marks, which include trademarks, service marks and logos (“Marks”), are provided on the Site “as is” for your information and for your personal use only. Except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions or another form of express written permission, no part of the Site or the services and no Content or Marks may be:
- publicly displayed
- or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever
Provided that you are eligible to use the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the Content, and the Marks.
3. USER REGISTRATION, ELIGIBILITY, & REPRESENTATION
HOW CAN YOU REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT?
You may be required to register with the Site in order to access our services. You agree to keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password.
To register for our site, you will need a valid email address, a physical address, and a printer to print out and retain records and notices in paper form or some form of electronic storage to retain these documents. To ensure that we can provide you with a smooth and efficient service, we ask that you keep your address and email address
By using the Site, you represent and warrant that:
- All registration information you submit will be true, accurate, current, and complete.
- You will maintain the accuracy of such information and promptly update such registration information as necessary.
- You have the legal capacity (in other words, you are not a minor or have your parents’ permission) and you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- You will not access the Site through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script or otherwise.
- Your use of the Site or the services will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site.
We are a service provider and make no representations as to the safety, effectiveness, adequacy, accuracy, availability, or legality of any of the information contained in your resume. You understand and agree that the content of the Site does not contain or constitute representations to be reasonably relied upon, and you agree to hold us harmless from any errors, omissions, or misrepresentations contained within the Site’s content.
HOW CAN YOU DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT?
You can delete or deactivate your account by login in and click on the “My Account” link located in the upper right hand menu. If you have questions or problems deleting your account please Contact Us. Once your account is deactivated or you delete some of its content, it will no longer be visible to other users. Nonetheless, if other users previously made a digital copy or saved it on their computer, we will not be able to access and delete that information. To the extent permitted by law, they may be content that we create for you and may not be deleted once uploaded. Even when you delete your account or your personal information is deleted from our systems we may retain some information for legitimate internal business purposes. This information may not be accessed again by you or third parties within the Service. Cancellations will take effect at the end of the current paid term.
4. WHAT PAYMENTS ARE ACCEPTED & HOW ARE THEY PROCESSED?
OUR POLICY ON PURCHASES AND ACCEPTED PAYMENT METHODS
Charges for our services shall be paid via credit or debit card, ACH, or other means agreed between a user and us. Charges incurred on a periodic basis are charged in advance and shall be subject to automatic renewal for the same period as the original paid period. Charges for renewal periods shall be calculated at the prevailing non-discounted rates then offered by us. We may increase prices at any time upon at least thirty (30) days’ prior notice to a user. Users agree to such automatic renewals and charges to users’ credit or debit card, ACH, or other payment mechanism, without requiring prior authorization in each instance, subject to users cancelling their accounts by dates indicated by us for cancellation of any automatic renewal charge. Cancellations are made through a user account and cancellation instructions are posted on the support page of the Site. Cancellations will take effect at the end of the current paid term.
In the event of any failure by a user to make payment, the user will be responsible for all reasonable expenses (including attorneys’ fees) incurred by us in collecting such amounts. We reserve the right to suspend performance of the services for which we charge a fee in the event a user fails to make timely payment hereunder or under any other agreement with us. All payments shall be made in U.S. dollars. Users shall be responsible for all taxes due on the sale of the services to a user, including interest and penalties thereon (exclusive of taxes based on the Site’s net income), which taxes shall include, without limitation, any direct or indirect local, state, federal or foreign taxes, levies, duties or similar governmental assessments of any nature, including value-added, sales, use or withholding taxes. If you are located in the US your payments may be processed by Tripod Jet, LLC. If you are located outside of the US your payments may be processed by Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern.
You agree to pay all charges that are displayed at the time of purchase, and you authorize us to charge your chosen payment provider for any such amounts upon placing your order. If your order is subject to recurring charges, then you consent to our charging your payment method on a recurring basis without requiring your prior approval for each recurring charge, until such time as you cancel the applicable order. We reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes in pricing, even if we have already requested or received payment.
We reserve the right to refuse any order placed through the Site. We may limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household, or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same payment method, and/or orders that use the same billing or shipping address. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that appear to be placed by dealers, resellers, or distributors.
Your transaction may be subject to differences in prices, because of exchange rates, depending on where you transact with us, the type of payment method used, and where your payment method was issued. We will not make any compensation or reimbursement for charges imposed by your bank or card issuer, including for any foreign currency exchange rates.
ResumeCompanion.com may provide a full refund to customers who are still within their 14-day trial subscription term. Customers who wish to redeem a refund must contact customer service prior to the end of their trial subscription term either by calling customer support at (866) 215-9048, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by using live chat via ResumeCompanion.com.
5. WHICH ACTIVITIES ARE PROHIBITED BY US?
The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Make improper use of our support services, or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks and services connected to the Site.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person, or use the username of another user.
- Use our services as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the resume building services to you.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any of the Content.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interfere with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the services.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Having duplicate or shared accounts.
- Falsely implying a relationship with us or another company with whom you do not have a relationship.
- Misrepresenting experience, skills, or information in your resume.
- Without our prior written permission, to use information obtained from the Site to transmit any commercial, advertising or promotional materials or to advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any purpose.
6. WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON USER GENERATED SUBMISSIONS AND CONTENT?
You acknowledge and agree that any resumes produced by our Site or provided by you to us, as well as any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the Site or resumes produced by our Site or provided by you to us (collectively “Submissions”) are non-confidential and shall become our sole property.
As part of the offerings the Site may make available forums that will allow you to exchange information and ideas with other users or third parties. You may make use of the forums available on the Site at your own risk. When you disclose information or rely on any information in the Forums, you do so at your own risk. The Site will not be liable for any loss or damage for your use or reliance on information that was available on the forums. By using and commenting on these forums you agree and understand that the opinions there stated only reflect your opinion or that of another user and does not represent the opinion of the Site. We do not sponsor and are not affiliated to any of the comments made on the forums, are not responsible for the content posted or its truthfulness, embedded messages or inconsistent results.
We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you. You hereby waive all moral rights to any such Submissions, and you hereby warrant that any such Submissions are original with you or that you have the right to submit such Submissions. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your Submissions.
The Site may invite you to chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other mediums. We may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the Site, including but not limited to text, articles, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material. All user generated content described in this paragraph will collectively be described as “Content” throughout this agreement.
All Content may be viewable by other users of the Site and through third-party websites. As such, any Content that you submit may be treated as non-confidential and nonproprietary. Content may be shared with third parties such as our business partners or affiliates to facilitate our legitimate business interests or to offer you third party products. When you create or make available any Content you thereby represent and warrant that:
- You are the creator and owner of the Content. If you do not own it, you have the legal right to use the Content.
- If you include the real names or faces of people in your Content, you have permission from those people to use them.
- Your Content is not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Your Content is not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- Your Content is not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- Your Content does not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- Your Content does not advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
- Your Content does not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- Your Content does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Your Content does not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18, or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
- Your Content does not violate any federal or state law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors.
- Your Content does not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
- Your Content does not otherwise violate, or link to material that violates, any provision of these Terms and Conditions, or any applicable law or regulation.
Any use of the Site in violation of the foregoing violates these Terms and Conditions and may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your rights to use the Site.
YOUR CONTENT LICENSE
By posting or making Content accessible to the Site, you represent and warrant that you have the right, power, and authority to post that user content and grant the licenses specified in this section.
You further represent that you will not violate third-party rights of any kind, including, without limitation, any intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, or privacy rights. You represent and warrant that you are the owner of your content and that we may exercise your copyright rights without any liability or obligation for payment.
You automatically grant to us an unrestricted, unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully-paid, worldwide right, and license to:
- publicly perform
- publicly display
- excerpt (in whole or in part)
Such Content, no matter the format, can be used by us at our discretion.
This license will apply to any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed, and includes our use of your name, company name, and franchise name, as applicable, and any of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and personal and commercial images you provide. You waive all moral rights in your Content, and you warrant that moral rights have not otherwise been asserted in your Content. Your licenses will expire within a commercially reasonable period of time.
We do not assert any ownership over your Content. You retain full ownership of all of your Content and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Content. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your Content provided by you in any area on the Site. You are solely responsible for your Content to the Site and you expressly agree to exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your Content.
We have the right, in our sole and absolute discretion:
- To edit, redact, or otherwise change any Content.
- To re-categorize any Content to place them in more appropriate locations on the Site.
- To pre-screen or delete any Content at any time and for any reason, without notice. We have no obligation to monitor your Content.
You may submit comments or ideas to our Site, including ideas on how to improve our Services. When you submit any ideas, you agree that your disclosure is voluntary and without restriction, and you place us under no fiduciary or obligation. Your ideas should also not contain the confidential or proprietary information of third parties. You acknowledge that by acceptance of your submission, we do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas known or developed by us, or obtained from sources other than you.
As part of the functionality of the Site, you may link your account with online accounts you have with social media providers (each such account, a “social media account”) by either:
- Providing your social media account login information through the Site.
- Allowing us to access your social media account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of said account.
You declare that you are entitled to disclose your social media account login information to us and/or grant us access to your social media accounts, without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable social media Account, and without obligating us to pay any fees or making us subject to any usage limitations imposed by the third-party service provider of the social media account.
By granting us access to any social media accounts, you understand that:
- We may access, make available, and store (if applicable) any content that you have provided to and stored in your social media account (the “Social Network Content”) so that it is available on and through the Site via your account, including without limitation any friend lists, to the extent permitted by the third-party service provider.
- We may submit to and receive from your social media account additional information to the extent you are notified when you link your account with the social media account.
Depending on the social media accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such social media accounts, personally identifiable information that you post to your social media accounts may be available on and through your account on the Site. Please note that if a social media account or associated service becomes unavailable or our access to this social media account is terminated by the third-party service provider, then the content previously transmitted to the Site may no longer be available on and through the Site. You will have the ability to disable the connection between your account on the Site and your social media accounts at any time.
Please note that your relationship with the third-party service providers associated with your third-party accounts is governed solely by your agreement(s) with such third-party service providers. We make no effort to review any social network content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality, or non-infringement, and we are not responsible for any social network content.
You can deactivate the connection between the Site and your social media account by contacting us using the contact information below or through your account settings (if applicable).
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT
The Site may contain (or you may be sent via the Site or their services) links to other websites (“Third-Party Websites”) as well as:
- other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third-Party Content”)
Such Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Content are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third-Party Websites accessed through the Site or any Third-Party Content available through the Site. Inclusion of, linking to, or permitting the use or installation of any Third-Party Websites or any Third-Party Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the Site and access the Third-Party Websites or to use or install any Third-Party Content, you do so at your own risk, and you should be aware these Terms and Conditions no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any website to which you navigate from the Site or relating to any applications you use or install from the Site.
Any purchases you make through Third-Party Websites will be through other websites and from other companies, and we take no responsibility whatsoever in relation to such purchases which are exclusively between you and the applicable third party. You agree and acknowledge that we do not endorse the products or services offered on Third-Party Websites and you shall hold us harmless from any harm caused by your purchase of such products or services. Additionally, you shall hold us harmless from any losses sustained by you or harm caused to you relating to or resulting in any way from any Third-Party Content or any contact with Third-Party Websites.
Any reference to third party trademarks or trade names is made for identification purposes only and does not represent an affiliation with the Site.
7. HOW WE MANAGE THE SITE
We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to:
- Monitor the Site for violations of these Terms and Conditions.
- Take appropriate legal action against anyone who violates the law or these Terms and Conditions, including without limitation, reporting such users to law enforcement authorities.
- In our sole discretion and without limitation, refuse, restrict access to, limit the availability of, or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any of your accounts or any portion thereof.
- In our sole discretion and without limitation, notice, or liability, to remove from the Site or otherwise disable all files and content that are excessive in size or are in any way burdensome to our systems.
- Otherwise manage the Site in a manner designed to protect our rights and property and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Site and the services.
The automated tools provided by the Site may provide scores, matches, top picks, and other options according to the information that you have entered in the Site. These automated tools have been created on a computer-based system and are designed to provide each User with a personalized experience. Even when you may see options made available to you as part of the Site, please make sure to revise them and determine which applies best according to your needs. The Site makes no guarantees that you will find a job, get any answer from a job poster or receive a job offer. These decisions will be made solely by the job poster and the Site takes no participation or responsibility in this process.
Please be advised that the Site is designed to provide services to customers located in the United States only.
Further, we do not knowingly accept, request, or solicit information from children or knowingly market to children. Therefore, in accordance with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, if we receive actual knowledge that anyone under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from the Site as quickly as is reasonably possible.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we will maintain certain data that you transmit to the Site for the purpose of managing the performance of the Site, as well as data relating to your resume. Although we perform regular routine backups of data, you are solely responsible for all data that you transmit or that relates to any activity you have undertaken using our services. You agree that we shall have no liability to you for any loss or corruption of any such data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such loss or corruption of such data.
Please note that our Data protection Officer (DPO) can be contacted by sending an email to email@example.com.
9. OUR DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (DMCA) NOTICE AND POLICY
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material available on or through the Site infringes upon any copyright you own or control, please immediately notify our Designated Copyright Agent using the contact information provided below (a “Notification”).
A copy of your Notification will be sent to the person who posted or stored the material addressed in the Notification. Please be advised that according to federal law you may be held liable for damages if you make material misrepresentations in a Notification. Thus, if you are not sure that material located on or linked to by the Site infringes your copyright, you should consider first contacting an attorney.
All Notifications should meet the requirements of DMCA 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) and include all the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the Site are covered by the Notification, a representative list of such works on the Site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed upon.
If you believe your own copyrighted material has been removed from the Site as a result of a mistake or misidentification, you may submit a written counter notification to our Designated Copyright Agent using the contact information provided below (a “Counter Notification”). To be an effective Counter Notification under the DMCA, your Counter Notification must include substantially the following:
- Identification of the material that has been removed or disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court in which your address is located, or if your address is outside the United States, for any judicial district in which we are located.
- A statement that you will accept service of process from the party that filed the Notification or the party’s agent.
- Your name, address, and telephone number.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material in question was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
If you send us a valid, written Counter Notification meeting the requirements described above, we will restore your removed or disabled material, unless we first receive notice from the party filing the Notification informing us that such party has filed a court action to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity related to the material in question.
Please note that if you materially misrepresent that the disabled or removed content was removed by mistake or misidentification, you may be liable for damages, including costs and attorney’s fees. Filing a false Counter Notification constitutes perjury.
Designated Copyright Agent
Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern
Attn: Copyright Agent
6004 Luzern, Switzerland
10. HOW DO WE HANDLE COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENTS?
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material available on or through the Site infringes upon any copyright you own or control, please immediately notify us using the contact information provided above. A copy of your Notification will be sent to the person who posted or stored the material addressed in the Notification.
Please be advised that according to federal law you may be held liable for damages if you make material misrepresentations in a Notification. Thus, if you are not sure that material located on or linked to by the Site infringes your copyright, you should consider first contacting an attorney.
11. CAN YOUR ACCOUNT BE TERMINATED?
These Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Site and/or using its services. Without limiting any other provision of these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to deny access to and use of the site and its services (including blocking certain IP addresses), to any person for any reason or for no reason, including without limitation for breach of any representation, warranty, or covenant contained in these terms and conditions or of any applicable law or regulation. We may terminate your use or participation in the site and its services or delete your account and any content or information that you posted at any time, without warning, in our sole discretion.
If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
12. CAN WE MODIFY OR INTERRUPT SERVICE?
We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the Site at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. However, we have no obligation to update any information on our Site. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the services without notice at any time. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site.
We cannot guarantee the Site will be available at all times. We may experience hardware, software, or other problems, or need to perform maintenance related to the Site, resulting in interruptions, delays, or errors. We reserve the right to change, revise, update, suspend, discontinue, or otherwise modify the Site at any time or for any reason without notice to you.
You agree that we have no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, or inconvenience caused by your inability to access or use the Site during any downtime or discontinuance of the Site. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will be understood to obligate us to maintain and support the Site or to make any corrections, updates, or releases.
13. HOW WE HANDLE DISPUTES?
These Terms and Conditions and your use of the Site and the services are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of law principles.
To expedite resolution and control the cost of any dispute, controversy, or claim related to these Terms and Conditions (each a “Dispute” and collectively, the “Disputes”) brought by either you or us (individually, a “Party” and collectively, the “Parties”), the Parties agree to first attempt to negotiate any Dispute (except those Disputes expressly provided below) informally for at least 30 days before initiating arbitration. Such informal negotiations commence upon written notice from one Party to the other Party.
If the Parties are unable to resolve a Dispute through informal negotiations, the Dispute (except those Disputes expressly excluded below) will be finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. You understand that without this provision, you would have the right to sue in court and have a jury trial.
The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and, where appropriate, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (“AAA Consumer Rules”), both of which are available at the AAA website www.adr.org. Your arbitration fees and your share of arbitrator compensation shall be governed by the AAA Consumer Rules and, where appropriate, limited by the AAA Consumer Rules.
The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone, or online. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing, but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by either Party. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. Except where otherwise required by the applicable AAA rules or applicable law, the arbitration will take place in New York County, New York. Except as otherwise provided herein, the Parties may litigate in court to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
If for any reason, a Dispute proceeds in court rather than arbitration, the Dispute shall be commenced or prosecuted in the state and federal courts located in New Castle County, Delaware, and the Parties hereby consent to, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction, and forum non conveniens with respect to venue and jurisdiction in such state and federal courts. Application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act (UCITA) are excluded from these Terms and Conditions.
In no event shall any Dispute brought by either Party related in any way to the Site be commenced more than 1 year after the cause of action arose. If this provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then neither Party will elect to arbitrate any Dispute falling within that portion of this provision found to be illegal or unenforceable and such Dispute shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the courts listed for jurisdiction above, and the Parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.
Residents outside of the US
Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if there is any issue or controversy with the Site with a brief description of the issue so that our team may be able to help you. Also remember to update your contact information, since we will reply your request to the most recent information we have on file. Once received, we will try to provide resolution within 60 days. There may be times when the resolution options provided may not satisfy your needs, in that case, this agreement does not limit your rights to start a separate complaint process.
The Parties agree that any arbitration shall be limited to the Dispute between the Parties individually. To the full extent permitted by law:
- No arbitration shall be joined with any other proceeding
- There is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated on a class-action basis or to utilize class action procedures.
- There is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought by a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons.
Exceptions to Informal Negotiations and Arbitration
The Parties agree that the following Disputes are not subject to the above provisions concerning informal negotiations and binding arbitration:
- Any Disputes seeking to enforce or protect, or concerning the validity of, any of the intellectual property rights of a Party
- Any Dispute related to, or arising from, allegations of theft, piracy, invasion of privacy, or unauthorized use.
- Any claim for injunctive relief.
- If this provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, the Dispute shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the courts listed for jurisdiction above, and the Parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.
14. OUR DISCLAIMER
The site is provided on an “as-is” and “as-available basis”. You agree that your use of the site and our services will be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the site and its services and your use thereof, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the site’s content or the content of any websites linked to the site and we will assume no liability or responsibility for any:
- Errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content and materials.
- Personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the site.
- Any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein.
- Any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the site or the services.
- Any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the site by any third party.
- Any errors or omissions in any content and materials or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the site.
- We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the site, any hyperlinked website, or any website or mobile application featured in any banner or other advertising. We also will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and any third-party providers of products or services. As with the purchase of a product or service through any medium or in any environment, you should use your best judgment and exercise caution where appropriate.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
In no event will we or our directors, employees, or agents be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special, or punitive damages, including lost profit, lost revenue, loss of data, or other damages arising from your use of the site, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, our liability to you for any cause whatsoever and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the lesser of the amount paid, if any, by you to us during the 12-month period prior to any cause of action arising or $100. Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights.
IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW ALL OR ANY PART OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO APPLY TO YOU, THE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to defend, compensate, and hold us harmless, including any party connected to us in any way, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or arising out of:
- Your user generated content, which shall include all the information in your resume.
- Breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
- Your violation of the rights of a third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights.
- Any overt harmful act toward any other user of the Site or the services with whom you connected via the Site.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate, at your expense, with our defense of such claims. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding which is subject to this indemnification upon becoming aware of it.
Please know that the Site will cooperate with the authorities on any investigation that arises from a violation of these Terms. We will provide the authorities all necessary information of the user that publishes or sends content in violation of Section 6 of these Terms.
15. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA USER AND RESIDENT, WHO SHOULD YOU DIRECT YOUR COMPLAINTS TO?
The services are provided by Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern. If you have a question or complaint regarding the service, you can send an email to our DMCA designated agent to email@example.com or send a letter to Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern Hertensteinstrasse 51, 6004 Luzern, Switzerland.
If any complaint with us is not satisfactorily resolved, you can contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at:
1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112,
Sacramento, California 95834
or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 or (916) 445-1254.
These Terms and Conditions and any policies or operating rules posted by us on the Site or in respect to the services constitute the entire agreement and understanding between you and us. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision.
These Terms and Conditions operate to the fullest extent permissible by law. We may assign any or all of our rights and obligations to others at any time. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, delay, or failure to act caused by any cause beyond our reasonable control. If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from these Terms and Conditions and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
There is no joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship created between you and us as a result of these Terms and Conditions or use of the Site or the services. You agree that these Terms and Conditions will not be construed against us by virtue of having drafted them. You hereby waive any and all defenses you may have based on the electronic form of these Terms and Conditions and the lack of signing by the parties hereto to execute these Terms and Conditions.
17. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions please contact us at
Phone: (866) 215-9048 (available Monday through Friday, 10AM – 6PM EDT)
Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern
6004 Luzern, Switzerland