(xxx)-xxx-xxxx | email@example.com | 123 Your Address, City, State, Zip Code
Motivated student (3.6/4.0) who demonstrates strong work ethic and creative ability. Seeking to apply my graphic design skills and artistic drive as a summer intern at your company. Will leverage proven experience as a competent designer to contribute to company goals and needs.
Santa Monica High School, Santa Monica, CA
- GPA: 3.6 / 4.0
- Relevant Coursework: Intro to Graphic Design, AP Art, Yearbook, Computer Applications
- Honors: Member of the National Honors Society and National Art Education Association
- Clubs: Yearbook Club, Santa Monica Newspaper, Spanish club
Yearbook Design Team Lead, 2015 – Present
- Created a Yearbook logo designed to incorporate school mascot and colors; opted to use coated paper in 2016, which improved photo quality and increased profits by 5%.
- Arrange all club photos and pages to correspond to yearbook theme.
- Trained and supervised 2 sophomore students in graphic design.
Santa Monica Newspaper
Graphic Designer, 2015 – Present
- Procured advertising for school paper, saving organization 25% in costs.
- Edited and curated photos used for school paper; increasing readership by 15%.
- Custom design page layouts to fit articles, photos, and advertisements into strict format.
- Contributed to school’s online publication by designing page layouts to accommodate mobile screens.
- Proficient in Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Dreamweaver
- Great photographer
- Keen eye for aesthetics with good understanding of image gradients
- Intermediate speaking level in Spanish
Awards, Honors, and Honorary Mentions
- Nominated for Macmillan Prize for Illustration in 2016
- Submitted artwork to Ocean Awareness Student Art Contest 2016
- Came in 2nd place in the Applied Arts 2016 Student Awards for submitting graphic design work under the category of Advertising.