(xxx)-xxx-xxxx | email@example.com | 123 Your Address, City, State, Zip Code
Recent college graduate with internship experience at Fortune 500 companies. Seeking to leverage exceptional accounting skills and academic knowledge to gain the entry-level accounting position at your firm. Dedicated, competent, and detail-oriented individual with the capacity to go beyond what is expected and achieve company goals.
North Dakota University, Fargo, ND
Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance, May 2016
- Minored in Business Administration
- Distinguished member of university’s Accountant Society
- Relevant Coursework: Advanced Financial Accounting and Reporting, Accounting Systems, Income Tax for Corporations, Cost/Managerial Accounting
- GPA: 3.75/ 4.0
Marriott International, Fargo, ND
Intern, December 2015 – April 2016
- Helped manage payroll and the registration of employees to Jobs and Pensions service for our 150+ employee branch.
- Reviewed, prepared, and issued bills and invoices from over 300+ clients.
- Assisted with incoming earnings and outgoing payments.
- Organized files, records, cash, and cash equivalents to comply with policy and procedure.
Potter & Bukowski, Fargo, ND
Finance Intern, May 2013 – July 2013
- Helped prepare company debit and credit documents for 4% of our client base.
- Analyzed financial data to ensure it was recorded and reconciled.
- Conducted ad hoc financial analysis under senior accountant supervision.
- Assisted in daily and weekly audits of accounts, vouchers, and statutory records.
- QuickBooks certified
- Experienced with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Familiar with GnuCash, Quicken, and ZipBooks software
- Working proficiency in Spanish
- Native fluency in German