Resume Companion is a US based industry leader in resume services, having been in operation since 2008. Over the years we have helped tens of thousands of job seekers improve their resume, enabling them to make the next step in their life path.
Typically, some of the poorest resumes we see come from students. With little to no professional experience, these candidates often struggle to construct a meaningful and detailed document that will help them transition into a career, post academia.
However, there are a number of factors that can be incorporated into an ‘Entry Level’ resume to give the student a powerful and effective document, such as:
· Part time or volunteer work
· Internships, club/society affiliations
· Sporting achievements/certifications
· Academic achievement & qualifications
Our scholarship program is designed to get the student population of the US thinking about resumes at an early stage, ensuring they have practice in this essential area of career progression, before they head into the vocational world.
Each semester, we are offering a $1,000 scholarship to the student who can create the best resume, based on the life of any fictional or non-fictional character, from TV, history, literature or myth.
How to apply
Create a resume based on the life of any fictional or non-fictional character, from TV, history, literature or myth.
Resume submissions can come in word, PDF, or info-graphic format, attached to an email and sent to email@example.com. The body of the email should include:
University attending (if applicable)
All applications will receive a confirmation email upon receipt on our end.
View our Terms and Conditions
1. Staff at Resume Companion remember the hardship of being a student so want to make this scholarship available to as many students as possible! As such, we do not require any sort of minimum GPA, and both domestic and international students may apply.
2. All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, in full time university education for the semester they are applying to receive the scholarship fund. For example, a senior high student can apply during the Spring 2014 semester, despite still being at high school, as long as they will be enrolled in university for the Fall semester 2014 when they are due to receive the scholarship fund.
3. One application can be made per student, per semester.
Due Date / Timing
The $1000 Scholarship will be available each semester:
Applications received from August 31, 2013 – December 15, 2013 will eligible to receive scholarship funds for Spring 2014 semester.
Applications received from January 1, 2014 – July 15, 2014 will eligible to receive scholarship funds for Fall 2014 semester.
School and University Participation
Please help raise awareness of this scholarship opportunity amongst the student body at your school. You can post details from this page on any relevant pages of your website, include it in your news letters, and/or share it via social media
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ResumeCompanion/app_106171216118819
Any questions or enquiries regarding school participation, or for more information about School and University outreach programs run by Resume Companion, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org