123 Your Address, City, State Zip
(213) 222-2222 firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Qualifications
- Technical Project Manager with 9+ years of extensive experience in the Information Technology industry, and 5+ years of experience in simultaneously managing 6+ software development projects, bringing over 50 successful projects to completion in total.
- Utilized the Scrum (Agile) methodology and implemented the use of project management software at Dolphin Software Solutions, resulting in the completion of over 80% of managed projects within budget and on schedule.
- Implemented Global Delivery Model at Dolphin Software Solutions by recruiting 10 developers from 4 different countries, reducing labor costs by 20% while simultaneously decreasing projected project completion time by 30%.
- Spearheaded an open source development project using PHP and MySQL to create free content management software, attracting dozens of programmers worldwide and resulting in thousands of users.
Skills and Certifications
- Managerial: Leadership, Negotiation, Conflict Mediation, Requirements Gathering, Stakeholder Identification, Scheduling, Operational Development, Team Motivation
- Project Management: Agile Methodologies (Scrum), Global Delivery Model, Zoho and Wrike Project Management Software
- Technical: SQL Databases, MySQL, Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, Python and Perl.
- Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP), PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
Relevant Work Experience
Dolphin Software Solutions
Project Manager | San Francisco, CA | June 2013 – Present
- Manage, schedule, and organize an average of 7 projects simultaneously, each with budgets in excess of $300 thousand, ensuring smooth completion of project tasks.
- Led 3 teams in the successful development of 40+ projects, resulting in over $15 million revenue for the company to date.
- Utilize work-breakdown structure (WBS) to ensure appropriate allocation of resources based on cost estimates and develop manageable scheduling for completion of deliverables.
- Communicate primary business concerns to developers and requested feedback from developers on technical priorities, ensuring on-time completion of quality software.
Lead Developer | Los Angeles, CA | June 2008 – Aug 2012
- Assisted project manager with scheduling and hands on management of 20+ developers.
- Mediated conflicts between development team and upper management thereby maintaining a productive and happy work environment.
- Led the creation and organization of database structure for 7 SQL databases and maintained and updated them as necessary.
- Instructed team in the debugging of applications utilizing Java constructs to perform exception handling and detect anomalies in need of fixing.
Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
Masters in Project Management, May 2013
University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, May 2008