Your career starts here
Beginner Acting Resume Sample
Starting a career in acting can be difficult, especially if you don't have any "close" friends in the industry to help you out. Still, it is important to have a targeted resume ready for castings and auditions so you'll be prepared no matter what situation you find yourself in.
1) The information on your beginner acting resume will be general for the most part, however there are a few sections where you will want to customize the information depending on the gig you are trying to land. The things that can be changed handily depending on the role being auditioned for include your address and your personal information.
2) The address can be changed to match the location of the production studio or filming location. For example, if you're staying out in New York with your cousin, use your cousins' address on your resume so you appear "local". Be careful though not to out-right lie, if you have no connection in New York and the company calls you for an audition the next day, can you book a plane ticket and make it there in time?
3) Finally, you can change your personal information depending on the role. If you are seeking the lead in the Thor 3 movie and have been hitting the gym and gaining muscle, include that in your personal information section. Conversely, if seeking the lead in a prison camp drama, drastically reducing your weight and stating so will make you more easily cast.
BEGINNER ACTING RESUME TEMPLATE
Sean Henderson,129, Sumter Street, Columbia, SC 29208
Male Actor with over 3 years of television/theater experience and 2 years in commercials. Possesses singing experience and capable of creating multiple. Flexibility to travel at early notice.
Date of Birth: 24/10/1990 Hair: Brown Eyes: Blue Height: 5’10” (177cm) Weight: 170lbs (77kg)
SILENT MOLES (NBC Series)
- Dead man (Episode 4)
THERE ONCE WAS A MAN (ABC Series)
- Cop # 1 (Episode 7)
ROMEO & JULIET (The Actors Studio)
Director: Steven Limera
BANG BANG YOU’RE DEAD (The Old Globe)
Director: Jane Kimmel
- The Ghost
WIT (Strasberg Institute)
Director: Cindy Hennessy
- Mr. Bearing
COMMERCIAL (Partial List)
Director: Hank Cameri
Director: Mila Powle
Director: Linda Tutuliga
Director: John Weinberg
WORKSHOP THEATRE SCHOOL Columbia, SC
Beginner’s Acting Workshop
JOHN CASEY HIGH SCHOOL Orangeburg, SC
Diploma, May 2008
- Lead actor in 3 musical productions in school
- British, Australian and German accents
Got the skills? Know how to write them down properly? Learn how to write your additional skills section.