1379 Mulberry Lane,
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
English tutor with over 10 years of experience in educating students in literature, grammar, and communication. Dedicated to building a learning environment that fosters an enthusiasm for and an appreciation of the English language. Possess a keen ability to manage a classroom of 20+ students and integrate technology into the learning environment.
Thompson’s English School, West Palm Beach, FL
English Tutor, September 2011 – Present
- Teach fifteen weekly two-hour English classes to 30 foreign students, aged four to twelve.
- Implement lesson plans emphasizing proper pronunciation, reading comprehension, grammar patterns, creative writing and conversation.
- Aid foreign students who seemed frustrated by going through the lesson one-on-one after class.
- Monitor student progress and communicate with parents to meet the their educational goals.
West Palm High School, West Palm Beach, FL
High School English Teacher, September 2006 – August 2011
- Taught proper use of pronouns, verbs, nouns, adjectives, and sentence structures to 5 classes of 20+ students.
- Surveyed 50 different pieces of literature throughout the school year to offer students a comprehensive spectrum of writing styles.
- Made daily lesson plans that motivated students to think positive of the Arts of Literature.
- Gave students assignments that let them express themselves in a creative way, such as with short stories and poems.
WEST FLORIDA UNIVERSITY, West Palm Beach, FL
Master of Arts in English Literature, May 2006
Bachelor of Arts in English Literature, May 2005
- Certified in CPR
- Classroom Management
- Incorporating Multimedia in the classroom (video, eBooks, podcasts, interactive whiteboards)