Looking to land employment as a Maintenance Worker? You’ve come to the right place to create a resume that will stand out from the rest. Download our free template, read our how-to tips, and edit your experience at your own pace.
However, if you are running out of time, try out our easy-to-use resume builder to create your resume in minutes.
Table of Contents
- Maintenance Worker Resume Sample
- Related Cover Letters & Resumes
- Maintenance Worker Resume (Text Format)
- How to Write Your Resume
1. Maintenance Worker Resume Sample
Not the job or industry you’re looking for? View our full list of resume samples.
Not a fan of this template? You can choose from many other free, downloadable resume templates here.
2. Related Cover Letter & Resume Sample
Need addition help? Check out our expansive library of cover letters for some tips on how to optimize your cover letter.
3. Maintenance Worker Resume (Text Format)
1156 Illustrious Walk,
Aurora, IL 60572
Maintenance worker with over 8 years of experience handling light repairs, cleaning, and inventory management. Seeking to leverage a spotless work record and obtain the open position at Westmore Academy. Possess an Associate’s Degree in Technology.
THE MARIN, Chicago, IL
Maintenance Worker, April 2012 – Present
- Maintained a 100% safety record since first day of employment five years ago.
- Trained two new maintenance workers to perform repairs to lighting, heating, air conditioning units; keep equipment in working order.
- Clean areas and dispose of garbage in accordance with the facility schedule.
- Accept and transport daily deliveries of supplies, furniture, and other materials, and assist with inventory control.
- Provide back-up response in emergencies, being available nights and weekends.
TRACTION INC., Naperville, IL
Warehouse Custodian, September 2006 – March 2012
- Performed general labor to support operation requirements including sweeping, mopping, dusting, and maintaining the yard and building.
- Processed trash removal and corrugated scraps with a compactor.
- Operated a propane floor scrubber and other equipment.
- Removed snow from grounds during the winter months.
MOREWOOD ACADEMY, Naperville, IL
Associate’s Degree in Technology, September 2006
- Performed setup and breakdown at local charity events
- Expert with drain and pipe cleaning equipment, hammers, pipe and tube cutters, power saws, and pullers
- Familiar with computer basics, Microsoft Office Suite and Windows 8
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Exceptional customer service
4. How to Write Your Resume
In the resume above, candidate Jocelyn Doe emphasizes her ability to keep her workplace in top condition. She was also responsible for electrical, HVAC, and heating maintenance duties. She also included her job role as a back-up responder in emergencies.
To improve this resume, Joceyln should have included the size of the area she maintained, the number of people she trained or managed (if at all), and the specific types of HVAC and heating unites she maintained in her “additional skills” section.
When writing your resume, be sure to improve it by quantifying it in the manner described above.
Remember that you’ll need a cover letter to have the highest chances of landing employment. Write yours in minutes with our state of the art cover letter builder.
How do your job prospects look?
From 2010 to 2020, the employment of general maintenance workers is expected to grow at least 11%. It is a fast growing occupation, from new buildings and other constructions. Maintenance workers’ salary range from $16.50/hour to $27/hour (2013). Many maintenance workers are working in schools and governments sectors, which normally have higher pay than in other places. To ride this growing wave, ensure that you are not being passive at work.