If you are in marketing or marketing management, this resume sample is perfect for you. Feel free to download, customize, and use however you’d like.
Or, if you’re strapped for time, take our easy-to-use resume builder for a spin.
Table of Contents
- Marketing Manager Resume Sample
- Related Resumes
- Marketing Manager Resume (Text Format)
- How to Write Your Own
Marketing Manager Resume Sample
Not the job you’re looking for? See our full list of resume samples here.
Want a template instead? We have plenty of those too.
Our sample is hardly the only way to compose a resume for marketers or marketing managers. For example, ours is a combination format, but there are different ways to format your resume as well. We also have some related documents, including cover letters, below.
Ready to move on? Keep things pushing by checking out our expansive cover letter collection for some pointers on how to optimize yours.
Marketing Manager Resume (Text Format)
242 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90210 | (213) 222-2222 | [email protected]
- Management: Responsible for having hired and trained 15 sales and marketing specialists, increasing corporate revenue by 20%+
- Experience: Over a decade of experience marketing retail, food, and beverage products
- Strong record: Launched 14 marketing campaigns to increase brand awareness as well as short and long-term revenue
- Results: Responsible for overseeing 12 product launches totaling average revenues of $23.3 million
- Management and leadership training
- Proficient in Adobe Design Suite software
- Familiar with MS and Apple operating systems and programs (MS Office, iOS, Windows, etc.)
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills, possessing stage presence
- Native English, proficient spoken French, and conversational Spanish speaker
Relevant Work Experience
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
Marketing Manager | Los Angeles, CA | Jan 2012 – Present
- Increased revenue by 14% by analyzing sales data and promoting products with high rate of repeat purchase and eliminating high-cost, low-yield items
- Saved $100K+ annually by renegotiating promotional materials production costs and rental costs for multiple locations
- Hired and trained 15 marketing specialists, causing sales and corporate growth to increase while maintaining high employee retention rate
- Oversaw 12 separate product launches or re-launches, leading to average yearly revenue of $20+ million
Marketing Associate | Los Angeles, CA | Aug 2005 – Oct 2012
- Oversaw corporate marketing functions with budget of $1.5 million
- Helped design updated promotional materials, saving $25K over 2-year period
- Worked closely with fashion-designers to develop mannequin and in-store display strategy
- Developed content marketing team, including writers, SEOs, and digital design experts to raise awareness of brand – saw web presence and interaction grow by 64% over 3-year period
University of California, Los Angeles, CA
Masters of Science in Marketing, Expected Graduation May 2017
University of San Diego, San Diego, CA
Bachelor of Science in Marketing, May 2005
How to Write Your Own
To make your own custom marketing manager resume, check out the following advice:
For management positions, including marketing, we recommend the combination format for your resume. However, if you are applying simply as a marketer, a chronological format is likely more appropriate. Especially if you are entry-level in the field.
The more experience you have, the more you’ll want to emphasize specific accolades or skills versus simple experience.
Management often implies years of experience over the type of job you’re managing. The more experience you have, the more you’ll want to emphasize specific accolades or skills versus simple experience.
2. Common Skills
Perhaps the most important skill you need as a marketer is communication ability. Specifically, we mean a capacity for writing concise, clear copy. Make sure you showcase writing skills on your resume. Do this by including any publications you’ve been published in and showing experience. Also be sure your resume has absolutely no mistakes.
Many marketers have a great eye for design. This makes sense – much of marketing a product involves catching the eye of the customer, and good design is a surefire way to make sure yours sticks out from the rest. If you have any design experience, including web, art, product, or digital, be sure to include it prominently on your resume.
If you’re applying for a marketing manager position, you will need to possess strong leadership skills. As you’ll be in charge of a team of marketers, run-of-the-mill responsibilities might no longer be under your purview. As such, make sure you clearly highlight you capacity to motivate a team.
Being able to understand why people think like they do is critically important to strong salesmanship.
The best marketers often have a background in psychology. Being able to understand why people think like they do is critically important to strong salesmanship. If you studied psychology or even have taken a class, list it under education or your skills section.
Marketers have a range of soft skills. Here are a few common ones for marketing managers:
|Creative||Strong communication skills||Eye for detail|
3. What to Emphasize
As a marketing manager, be sure to focus heavily on leadership and accolades, especially any related to previous management experience. If you are applying to a management position for your first time, emphasize projects where you played a leading role. This will bolster your management credentials.
If you have years in the field, be sure to focus on accolades and awards if you have them. If you are only a few years into your marketing career, however, follow a chronological format and emphasize your experience.
Remember, if something seems off, don’t be afraid to disregard a few of our rules. Your resume needs to be perfect for you. Make the decisions that are right for your particular circumstances.
Beginning your resume with a strong career objective section can really grab the attention of the hiring manager and make you stand out relative to other applicants. Find out how to write a compelling career objective here.