xxx)-xxx-xxxx | firstname.lastname@example.org | 123 Your Address, City, State, Zip Code
Paralegal graduate with 2 years of experience, specializing in preparing affidavits, briefs, legal correspondences, and other legal documents. Organized, hard-working individual seeking to apply academic training under an attorney for hands-on work experience. Interested in working for a boutique law firm with a focus on criminal defense or personal injury.
Goodman & Associates, Albuquerque, NM September 2015 – Present
- Organized and copied exhibits for 3 major cases; currently assist senior paralegals with Bates Stamping their exhibits for any upcoming trials.
- Improved filing database by systematically arranging litigation files and introducing an improved file-opening checklist, resulting in a 15% reduction in the time it takes to catalogue new cases.
- Schedule and conduct interviews with clients and professionals to discuss details and nature of each case.
- Prepare and file affidavits, legal correspondence, and other legal documentation for in-house attorneys and partners.
- Experienced with filing pleadings and preparing wills, appeals, contracts, and briefs.
Wroklaw Offices, Las Cruces, NM June 2012 – August 2015
- Identified laws and court decisions relevant to client cases by reviewing legal publications and performing database searches.
- Organized and maintained company’s law libraries, case files, and various legal documents.
- Assisted in mailing, faxing, and delivering company’s documents and correspondence with clients, court officials, and witnesses.
- Prepared and processed over 100 summons, complaints, motions, pretrial agreements, subpoenas, and other legal documents.
- Attended annual, non-compulsory in-house training and improvement sessions to remain up to date on industry best practices and policy.
Associates Degree, Paralegal Studies, Cape Fear Community College, May 2012
- Intuit QuickBooks certified
- LexisNexis certified
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite