Looking to land employment as a lifeguard and earn some extra cash? You’ve come to the right place. Download our free resume template, learn how to organize your experience into it, and edit it at your own pace.
Or, if you are short on time, try out our easy-to-use resume builder and create your resume in minutes.
Table of Contents
- Lifeguard Resume Sample
- Related Resume & Cover Letter
- Lifeguard Resume (Text Format)
- How to Write Your Resume
1. Lifeguard Resume Sample
Not the job or industry you’re looking for? View our complete list of resume examples.
Want to make sure your resume grabs your employer’s attention? Our stylish resume templates will do the trick.
2. Related Resume & Cover Letter
Ready to move on? Check out our expansive cover letter collection for pointers on how to perfect your cover letter.
3. Lifeguard Resume (Text Format)
6953 Red Prairie Avenue
Deer Valley, Utah, 84036
Swimming pool lifeguard with 2 years of experience keeping guests safe and happy. Able to maintain pool chemical composition, and use a variety of essential pool cleaning tools. Seeking employment at the Cougar Swimming Pool while majoring in Marketing at the College of Charleston.
CURLEY SWIMMING BATHS, Charleston, SC
Swimming Pool Lifeguard, September 2016 – Present
- Manage a safe and secure 800 sq ft pool by enforcing rules, policies, and procedures
- Provide excellent customer service to 200+ pool patrons daily by exemplifying a positive attitude and meeting their needs
- Maintain the pool chemical balance, and keep surrounding areas clear of debris and hazards
- Participate in training and helping others obtain Water Safety Certifications
- Conduct daily check of area and equipment for safety cleanliness, and good repair
WISP HOTEL, Charleston, SC
Lifeguard Attendant, May 2014 – October 2014 & May 2015 – October 2015
- Directed supervision and safety of all individuals using the swimming pool and for the safe and smooth operation of all activities on the grounds of the pool
- Provided direct supervision and maintain safety standards during recreational and fitness swim
- Attended monthly staff meetings and in-service trainings
- Assisted the lead lifeguard with spotting drowning individuals
The College of Charleston, Charleston, SC
Marketing Major, Expected Graduation June 2019
- Captain of swimming relay team, 2016
- Awarded 5 medals for intra-league Olympics (Swimming team)
- Certified in CPR, AED and First Aid
- Valid lifeguard certification
- OSHA trained in handling hazardous chemicals
- Able to lift 100+ pounds
- Bilingual Spanish and English
4. How to Write Your Resume
Take a look at this lifeguard resume sample and note the certifications listed, which will be a must if seeking employment with any private company or at a public beach. Also, note the experiences listed under the education section. This is a strong resume even without a university degree because of the experiences the applicant had in high school, including being captain of a relay swim team and also competing in intra-olympics as a swimmer. Combined these make for a strong educational section.
Also, make sure to define which area of lifeguarding you have expertise in. This may range from on the beach in the tropical sun or in the chlorine engulfed surroundings of your government run swimming pool.
Either way, make your stellar lifeguard resume swim upstream past the competition.
By the way — have you been lifeguarding on and off for a long time, leaving large gaps of work experience? Here are 6 ways to eliminate work experience gaps.
The above resume is a solid example of what an experienced lifeguard’s resume may look like. If you imitate the above sample you will undoubtedly end up with a great looking resume, but even angels have their flaws, and so here we will highlight some of what makes this resume sample great and what could still be improved.
The strengths of this resume are many, but here a just a few to take note of and emulate in your own lifeguard resume:
- The job experiences listed are all completely pertinent to the job, and don’t include any non-relevant experiences.
- The candidate lists critically vital skills such as CPR/AED and First Aid.
- The applicant included non-directly related but very valuable additional skills such as being able to rescue up to 300lbs.
Things that could be improved for this resume
- Include some more numerical quantification similar to how they wrote out “300 lbs” in the additional skills section.
- Attach a cover letter written and designed specifically for the position being sought.
Don’t like this resume template? View our complete database of downloadable resume templates.